PDA

View Full Version : Sick of doing the samey things - any ideas!!

Newbie1!
11-03-2012, 08:50 AM
Hello all, I have a 15 month old tomorrow who i want to do a mothers day pressy with but I always seem to do the same thing with him, picture frame, handprint tulip card etc. he is also not very advanced for his age so am a bit limited what I can do. Any ideas please so things arent so samey all the time???:panic::panic::panic:

Hayley102
11-03-2012, 08:58 AM
What about decorating a teapot shaped card and staple a teabag to it so mum can enjoy a cup of tea?

miss mopple
11-03-2012, 09:37 AM
let him paint on a flower pot and pop a pretty flower in it?

wendywu
11-03-2012, 10:31 AM
I am sure mum will be delighted with whatever you give her, because her son did it for her.

Dont worry too much :thumbsup:

Mouse
11-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I buy canvases, blob some paint on and give the children/babies brushes, stampers etc and let them just spread the paint round with those and their hands. Each one they make is unique and completely their own work :D

sarah707
11-03-2012, 02:06 PM
We are doing hand prints again because that's what the children have chosen!

I get a bit bored with them too so bought some glitter glue pens and heart stickers for them to use - we'll research hand decorating art first.

Hth :D

Penny1959
11-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Mine have painted pots - recycled cardboard ones - very forgiving for when young artists apply loads of paint or squash in their hands.

We also have made cards - using my latest idea - double sided sticky tape!

cut a pice of tape and either let child choose where to stick it or you decide - one piece at a time -take off backing paper - then give them some glitter or sequins or whatever and get them to shake or spoon or sprinkle with their hands (what ever child prefers) all over the card - the bits of course stick where the double sided tape is - when the card is picked up and shaken - you can then repeat if you want more colours or extra patters / sections of the picture - most little ones can do this themselves

Penny :)

Newbie1!
11-03-2012, 04:58 PM
Fabulous, thank you ladies :thumbsup::thumbsup: Quick trip to Home Bargains in the morning I think to get some resources!!xx

missymood
11-03-2012, 10:24 PM
What about decorating a teapot shaped card and staple a teabag to it so mum can enjoy a cup of tea?

Love that idea! Fab:thumbsup:

Newbie1!
13-03-2012, 06:57 AM
Mine have painted pots - recycled cardboard ones - very forgiving for when young artists apply loads of paint or squash in their hands.

We also have made cards - using my latest idea - double sided sticky tape!

cut a pice of tape and either let child choose where to stick it or you decide - one piece at a time -take off backing paper - then give them some glitter or sequins or whatever and get them to shake or spoon or sprinkle with their hands (what ever child prefers) all over the card - the bits of course stick where the double sided tape is - when the card is picked up and shaken - you can then repeat if you want more colours or extra patters / sections of the picture - most little ones can do this themselves

Penny :)

Where did you get these from Penny please? Cant find anything like that near me :(:(

EmmaReed84
13-03-2012, 07:05 AM
The kids did butterfly prints and painted paper plates to look like flowers, today we are going to glitter up our butterflies and stick them to our paper plate flowers.

The butterflies have come out amazing! In fact 18 month old I think is the best lol

We also linked it a litttle to spring with a visit to the park coming up looking for new flowers etc... ties in nicely lol

miffy
13-03-2012, 07:43 AM
We've done plants in pots and cards. The youngest ones just finger-painted some flower shaped cards but at least it's all their own work!

Miffy xx

zippy
13-03-2012, 07:31 PM
Any chance of a pic Emma butterflies sound amazing

EmmaReed84
13-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Any chance of a pic Emma butterflies sound amazing

Will try lol. The kids decorated cereal boxes so they can stick their flowers in it, I think there was more glue, glitter and paint on my table than the boxes :laughing: