PDA

View Full Version : Worst ever parent visit AGAIN

muffins
11-03-2012, 08:46 AM
I'm gonna do it again!:panic: Got family coming round at 10, wish me luck:laughing:

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=97600&highlight=worst+parent+visit

JulieA
11-03-2012, 08:49 AM
Fingers crossed for you, but you will be fine!!

:thumbsup:

peppa Pig
11-03-2012, 08:51 AM
good luck, you will be fine i'm sure:)

Adiamond
11-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Good luck :thumbsup: xx

muffins
11-03-2012, 09:21 AM
Thanks, I'll keep you posted! Luckily the weather is gorgeous so have thrown my 2 out in the garden:clapping: hoping that will occupy them as they haven't really been able to use the garden much since we moved so its all new to them:)

sarah707
11-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Bribe them now! :laughing:

Good luck xx

muffins
11-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Bribe them now! :laughing:

Good luck xx

I wish:laughing:but at 1 & just turned 3, & the fact its not something I dont usually do they dont understand how it works:(

Other than a big bowl of constant choc buttons nothing would work:laughing:& that wouldnt look good either would it:panic:

muffins
11-03-2012, 10:33 AM
:(At 1/2hr late I'm now guessing they're a no show:angry:

Still got 2 families waiting on the outcome of today wanting the hrs left over so nothing lost:D

catminder
11-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Hope they turned up in the end and all went well:thumbsup:

Maza
11-03-2012, 11:12 AM
I made a home made sugar free banana loaf and bribed my daughter with that. I gave her two slices as soon as the prospective parents turned up and the fact that it was sugar free and home made quite impressed them. I explained that it is a business meeting after all and in no other profession would you take your children to a business meeting and not have a few tricks up your sleeve. Just because we are in our own home and talking about cute children doesn't alter the fact that it is a business meeting!

Good luck! x

muffins
11-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Hope they turned up in the end and all went well:thumbsup:

No they didnt:angry:

Have just text a CM friend to see if she wants to meet up in the morning & she has someone visiting! Bet its the same family:rolleyes:

Zoomie
11-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Did you contact them ?

muffins
11-03-2012, 12:11 PM
Did you contact them ?

No I havent & unless she contacts me with a story of the greatest emergancy I dont want someone that unreliable on my books:D

rickysmiths
11-03-2012, 12:23 PM
I always ring some thing may have happened but they should have rung.

If they don't answer the second call I politely tell them I thought I would just let them know I no longer have a space for them.

Mummits
11-03-2012, 03:05 PM
The relationship with one of my favorite mindees started out very unpromisingly. First Mum forgot to come to her first visit. I phoned later that day and she was very apologetic, so we rearranged. Then she cancelled her second appointment at the last minute, claiming little one was ill. I said sorry to hear that and contact me when you are sorted out, thinking I certainly won't hear from her again = but she did get back to me a week or so later, little one had indeed been poorly, but she's been with me ever since, and her family is really nice. It's just so hard to tell, and people who mess you about make you cynical and mistrustful.