PDA

View Full Version : birthday routines

chez
10-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Ive yet to have a mindee celebrate their birthday in my setting as all my mindees started since Nov 2012 and they are all birthdays may - sept.

So we are looking for a birthday ritual /routine

Whats yours?

AliceK
11-03-2012, 08:17 AM
I've had 2 LO's spend their 2nd birthdays with me this past year. I do a special birthday tea party for them with party food and then a cake etc and put up banners, balloons etc for them, party music on etc. The first one we had the birthday party at lunchtime and had another childminder with some LO's come over for it but then my after schoolies moaned that they had missed out so the last one i did after school so that everyone could be involved. I send the pressie home at pick-up. I must admit this job has opened my eyes with regard to LO's still being sent to a childminder on their birthday :eek:

xxxx

sarah707
11-03-2012, 08:18 AM
We have birthdays displayed on a calendar and start talking about them a few weeks before the event.

On the day we plan to have cakes and a little party - dancing, party games etc although we never spend too much time planning it or money on it in advance because we tend to find parents pull them out on the day and it's all wasted...

We give a small gift (a book usually) and a card from all the children - little ones make their mark and older ones sign.

Hth :D

Hayley102
11-03-2012, 08:48 AM
We have a birthday cake and candles for the children on the day they are with us closest to their birthday(sometimes it is on their birthday!). It has to be after school as too many complaints if schoolies had to miss out!

JulieA
11-03-2012, 09:01 AM
IF a child has their birthday with me, then I have a lovely birthday poster which goes up in the playroom by the craft table, and we have a pretend birthday cake which I also put on the table with some plates for role play.

Then at morning snack I put out the party plates and cups and we have cake then, either a small birthday cake or some homemade cupcakes (depends on the children), and we sing Happy Birthday then.

The Birthday Child gets to choose the story, and has choice of the first song.

I also give a small gift at take home time (or nearest day if they aren't here on their actual birthday), although this is normally a toy that follows their interests - I tend to give books at Christmas and Easter, so do something different for birthdays.