PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone doing anything for sport relief?

Becci26
10-03-2012, 11:49 AM
As the title says.
I am thinking of doing a toddle with my mindees and something else with the older children, are you doing anything and if so what are you doing?

also thinking about speaking to the 2 pre schools in the area and seeing if they want to join in, what do you think?

jumping j
10-03-2012, 11:57 AM
I registered for the pack and have been looking for something to join in with...not found anything so far!

betty boop
11-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Me too got the pack but not sure what to do

francinejayne
11-03-2012, 01:25 PM
I am getting together with a few local minders and their children and we are going to walk a mile around our local park - I just hope that it is dry!! I was thinking of actually not asking parents for donations - all have older siblings at school and they are asked to contribute their, and I know at least 1 set of parents are quite hard up so wouldn't appreciate paying out again :(

I have the pack so will copy the certificate for each child and give them all a sticker and balloon at the end of our walk.

Natternic
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Check this site out, you can download tiny tots games, which is really for the Olympics but its all sporty! We're getting together with other local childminders and doing some mini games, instead of getting parents to donate, we are using our bags of pennies and sticking them on a waybuloo chart. The children will go home with a balloon from the pack, sticker, and certificate for taking part.

http://www.essexlegacy.org/schools/early-years/

Hth
Enjoy

Natternic
11-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Ps,
Getting the preschools to join in is a fab idea good luck

Maza
11-03-2012, 05:05 PM
Great ideas. Where did you get the pack from? I'd love to do something.

Natternic
11-03-2012, 05:26 PM
just google sports relief
http://www.sportrelief.com/schools/early-years-groups

Katiekoo
11-03-2012, 06:12 PM
I was just thinking about this too, I have Mindees aged 3, 2 and 1 they all love the toddler trampoline so I thought we might as a team do a bounce relay :)

Becci26
11-03-2012, 07:11 PM
some good ideas ladies thankyou!

I am very fortunate to have good relations with both pre-schools as one of the owners lives 2 doors down and I am on the school pta with staff from the others, so am hoping they will be up for doing something.
Am going to speak to some of the other cm's also, and also will let mums know at toddlers this week (3 groups), so hopefully will work out....