PDA

View Full Version : Mindees in other peoples cars?

PerkyEars
09-03-2012, 07:27 PM
I take my mindees to the allotment occasionally - I go on foot as we don't drive. Today a friend wanted to come with, next time we go, with her little girl, which would be great - and has offered to give us all a lift there. I realised I didn't know if it was ok for other people to have mindees in their cars. Do I just need to get a permission slip, as if I were using a bus or a train? It feels different, but I'm not sure why?!

~Chelle~
09-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Get permission from the parents and as long as you use an appropriate car seat, then it should be fine. It is no different than using a taxi :thumbsup:

sarah707
10-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Hmmm not sure about the insurance implications - best give your insurance company a ring and check.

Hth :D

Cammie Doodle
10-03-2012, 03:20 PM
I was told to have written permission from Parents and also make sure driver has fully comp insurance

aly
10-03-2012, 06:15 PM
doesnt the driver to have business use insurance!?

chez
10-03-2012, 06:27 PM
hmm Im not sure about business insurance as they arent taking money for the journey. Id suggest a call to your insurance company

KARENBE
10-03-2012, 06:28 PM
My ex used to take myself and 2 mindees out in his car. he first checked with his insurance co, they said fine and emailed to confirm. Didn't feel we could do it without asking. Also had written permission from parents.

silvermist
10-03-2012, 06:34 PM
Im not sure on this but i was told if you have permission it should be ok, like others have said, I would check with insurance company.:)

crazyhazy
10-03-2012, 08:35 PM
I don't drive but regularly take my mindees in my mums car, I am insured through MM and use their contracts and there is a bit in them about giving permissions to take mindees in your car and someone elses car as long as appropriate seat etc is used.

silvermist
10-03-2012, 08:38 PM
I don't drive but regularly take my mindees in my mums car, I am insured through MM and use their contracts and there is a bit in them about giving permissions to take mindees in your car and someone elses car as long as appropriate seat etc is used.

Thats good to know, thanks x

tialil
11-03-2012, 07:21 AM
Just get them to check with their insurance company.

We did this a few years ago. I used to go out with my friend and her children and my minded children to soft play, farm etc. We contacted her insurance company and as long as no money was crossing over it was classed as a social trip and not business.

I had written permission off the parents and also my friend was willing to bring her people carrier here if my inspector had wanted to check it.
hth :)

PerkyEars
11-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Good advice everyone, thanks. :)