PDA

View Full Version : Updated - NMS March 2012

manjay
09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
Finally the long awaited amendments to the National Minimum Standards have been published today. You can view them here (http://wales.gov.uk/topics/childrenyoungpeople/publications/regulatedchildcare/;jsessionid=2p5jPhmY5stbGl5hj5qnGRnd4LVly1pLnym1kX B4vhbCtp8Gyv4C!-862695484?lang=en)

They have only just gone live this afternoon so I haven't had a really good look but I for one am so pleased that the Rising 5 clause has been put back in:clapping:. Hopefully that will clear up all the uncertainty re ratios.

NCMA Cymru have worked tirelessly on our behalf to get these amendments confirmed.

For NCMA members there will be notifications going out via the e-newsletter and in Who Minds.

aly
09-03-2012, 05:02 PM
Finally the long awaited amendments to the National Minimum Standards have been published today. You can view them here (http://wales.gov.uk/topics/childrenyoungpeople/publications/regulatedchildcare/;jsessionid=2p5jPhmY5stbGl5hj5qnGRnd4LVly1pLnym1kX B4vhbCtp8Gyv4C%21-862695484?lang=en)

They have only just gone live this afternoon so I haven't had a really good look but I for one am so pleased that the Rising 5 clause has been put back in:clapping:. Hopefully that will clear up all the uncertainty re ratios.

NCMA Cymru have worked tirelessly on our behalf to get these amendments confirmed.

For NCMA members there will be notifications going out via the e-newsletter and in Who Minds.

I wonder if my variation was denied...well not denied but my inspector told me to put it on hold until poppy was 5 {in aug}..as she knew this was coming back in ?

Do you think it is worth me recontacting her and asking or waiting a bit?...off to read, thanks manjay.

manjay
09-03-2012, 05:31 PM
I wonder if my variation was denied...well not denied but my inspector told me to put it on hold until poppy was 5 {in aug}..as she knew this was coming back in ?

Do you think it is worth me recontacting her and asking or waiting a bit?...off to read, thanks manjay.

Well you know me? I would be contacting her again:thumbsup:

sarah707
09-03-2012, 05:34 PM
Ohhh thank you for that Manjay I was wondering only the other day when they'd get it sorted :D

ruby
09-03-2012, 05:41 PM
thanks Manjay

will have a read over the weekend

Cathy

tulip0803
09-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Diolch yn fawr Manjay x

tialil
10-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Thanks for this - wonder when we were going to be told lol

''15.9 Children aged three to five years who attend full-time education provision may be classed as over five years for the purposes
of the ratios relevant to child minders. In line with Standard 15.7, at no point must a child minder care for more than six
children aged under eight years at any one time.''

For some reason I always thought in the past that we couldnt class a 3 yr old as a rising 5 and that it was 4yrs olds only...... So this is ''new'' to me :o

thanks again

aly
10-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Thanks for this - wonder when we were going to be told lol

''15.9 Children aged three to five years who attend full-time education provision may be classed as over five years for the purposes
of the ratios relevant to child minders. In line with Standard 15.7, at no point must a child minder care for more than six
children aged under eight years at any one time.''

For some reason I always thought in the past that we couldnt class a 3 yr old as a rising 5 and that it was 4yrs olds only...... So this is ''new'' to me :o

thanks again
Yeah I got confused about that part, but thought it was me so didn;t mention it :blush:

Cariad
10-03-2012, 10:24 PM
Thanks, I'll have a proper look when I'm on the computer

jelly15
11-03-2012, 09:02 AM
Thank you so much Manjay :thumbsup:

webbthomas
12-03-2012, 12:12 AM
Thanks very much Manjay. :) I can always rely on this site for up-to-date info. :clapping:

manjay
12-03-2012, 08:38 AM
The wording of the pre April 2011 NMS said 'children of any age who attend 10 early education sessions a week may be counted as over 5's for ratio purposes' (or words to that effect;)). That was open to interpretation by minders and inspectors. My own inspector was very strict with me that this only referred to Reception age children even though I did have a 3 year old who attended 5 morning sessions of Nursery and 5 afternoon sessions of playgroup each week.

This information should be disseminated at some point. I wouldn't think there was any urgency from CSSIW as when I have scrutinised them there is very little change. So I guess the answer to when you will be advised about them is now;). NCMA members will be advised by newsletter and it is on their website and non NCMA members will be expected to do whatever they normally do to keep up to date with legislative changes.

I know there are still elements that are being queried but I for one am just happy that the rising 5 clause has been added. I can now get on an complete my inspection paperwork in confidence:rolleyes:

aly
12-03-2012, 06:37 PM
non NCMA members will be expected to do whatever they normally do to keep up to date with legislative changes.

Wait for news from Manjay or Polly

:laughing::laughing:

Polly2
12-03-2012, 07:06 PM

:clapping: ha ha! I like it!!

Thanks Manjay! - this is good news :thumbsup:

manjay
13-03-2012, 11:48 AM

and that is exactly the answer! (or at least part of it) You subscribe to social media that allows you to get information about changes that otherwise you wouldn't get:thumbsup:

aly
13-03-2012, 12:34 PM
and that is exactly the answer! (or at least part of it) You subscribe to social media that allows you to get information about changes that otherwise you wouldn't get:thumbsup:
could you point me in that direction?...:)