PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam

NicoleW
09-03-2012, 01:12 PM
I've just been prescribed Diazepam from the GP because of my sore back, he also advised no lifting for at least two weeks (er easier said than done)

He said it's been found common to cause drowsiness and can also give hangover type symptoms.

He said I should take it in the morning, but I personally don't think it'll be safe to when I'm looking after children?

Should I just take it at night instead?

Playmate
09-03-2012, 01:20 PM
If you going to continue to work Iwould only take it at night and take another kind of painkiller during the day. I does work wonders, but it can make you feel drowsy,so better to be on the safe side.

Little Pickles
09-03-2012, 01:34 PM
You should ring Ofsted too and let them know that you have been prescribed that and log who you speak to and what they say
Hope that your back is better soon

NicoleW
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Forgot about Big Brother thanks

fionamal
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
When I was prescribed diazepan for my back I wasnt allowed to work for 1 week, they did knock me out though but certainly helped

NicoleW
09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Poop, rang Ofsted to let them know and they said if I suffer from drowsiness or any other side affects that could comprimise the care of the children then I musn't mind.

I have one mindee full time who is due to leave my care on the 22nd, we are in the 4 weeks notice period and I can't take a week off as I don't have enough money to reimburse.

I haven't taken any yet, and I think I'll hold off until he has gone, but then I still have my own LO and I Don't mind in the school holidays but then again I have my own 2 children then.

Might as well just get on with the pain then lol

anisha
09-03-2012, 04:52 PM
I was on them when I had a slipped disc, you feel totally out of it and I wasn't able to work at the time. Hope you're feeling better soon :)

breezy
09-03-2012, 05:49 PM
Thats valium and is a sedative muscle relaxant so you're bound to feel drowsy unfortuneatly :(

alwaysright
09-03-2012, 05:51 PM
i also got these when i pulled my back and they made me feel so bad that i would rather have had the unbearable pain in my back than take these, so i only took one, i would definately not take them in the morning if you are working but maybe try it for the night time to see if it helps you sleep!