PDA

View Full Version : Do I report this to Ofsted?

BuggsieMoo
08-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Mindee today at nappy change time this evening had a rash, on checking LO over the rash covered all of LO's torso. Checked temperature and nothing to write home about.

However, LO has a history of getting a rash and ending up hospitalised (lo is 18 months).

Called mum straight away to advise of rash, packed LO a hospital bag and mum collected to take LO straight to hospital. Although LO appeared perfectly well in themself, it is obviously always better to be safe than sorry.

My question is, do I need to notify Ofsted about this as it resulted in a hospital visit? (still at hospital and im awaiting an update).

Ive logged it on LO's file already.

Thanks all

Pipsqueak
08-03-2012, 07:39 PM
No I wouldn't yet.
I would log it all and wait and see

BuggsieMoo
08-03-2012, 08:11 PM
Thanks Pip x

angeldelight
08-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Hope little one is ok

Angel xx

moogster1a
08-03-2012, 08:57 PM
You have to inform OFSTED if mindee needs an overnight stay in hospital as a result of an INJURY which happened in your care. Not an illness ( unless it's food poisoning / Legionnaires contracted at your home )

rickysmiths
08-03-2012, 09:57 PM
I keep a copy of this document in the front of my Accident/Incident/Medication folder

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/factsheet-childcare-serious-accidents-injuries-and-deaths-registered-providers-must-notify-ofsted-an

BuggsieMoo
09-03-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks all and RS already have the document but never had one need to go to hospital so threw me a little.

However, update is LO has a viral infection that is no contegious and doctors have said LO can return to the setting. Mum has asked if Im still happy to have LO (not on any meds) today which is fine. Obviously if LO becomes unwell at all, temp etc then ill send home but as it stands its just a viral rase (which is so common) and LO is perfectly well in themselves.

Thanks for all your advise. x

Roseolivia
09-03-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks all and RS already have the document but never had one need to go to hospital so threw me a little.

However, update is LO has a viral infection that is no contegious and doctors have said LO can return to the setting. Mum has asked if Im still happy to have LO (not on any meds) today which is fine. Obviously if LO becomes unwell at all, temp etc then ill send home but as it stands its just a viral rase (which is so common) and LO is perfectly well in themselves.

Thanks for all your advise. x

There's lots of viral infections around at the moment. I took Alfie to the walk in clinic last week as he was covered in a rash but ok in himself. Doctor said it was viral and just give plenty of fluids and calpol if needed.

bestmum2have
09-03-2012, 09:20 AM
I would note it down and wait and see. Hope the little ones ok.