View Full Version : URN

08-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Hi All,

I'm book to do my childminding courses in the coming months, but my friend has asked me to do a before and after school run for her 7 and 11 year olds. My friend is a single mum and has asked me to get URN to help her with childcare costs. Does anyone know where/how I go about get one of these, do I get one after my courses are complete??

Many Thanks


08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
your URN will be your EY number which you get once you are registered as a childminder.

08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
The URN is found on your Ofsted Certificate so dont think you will have one until you are registered.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along shortly

08-03-2012, 07:41 PM
URN is Unique reference number and in this case will be your registration number. You will get one when you're registered, it will be on your certificate and starts EY (hence also known as an EY number - this is with ofsted, not sure what other regulatory bodies do)

09-03-2012, 08:40 AM
Im sure you only get your refrance number once you have registerd as a childminder (once you have completed your childminding course, first aid, CRBs and health check) Once ofsted are happy and everything is processed you will be sent your certificate with the refrance number on it

If i remember rightly you will be issued with your ofsted registration pack half way through the course so if you fill it in and send it off as soon as you get it you should be registerd by the time you finnish the end of the course

hope that helps :)