PDA

View Full Version : Your childminding co-oradoator

Hannahlg
28-05-2008, 03:14 PM
Are your childminding co-oradotators any good

We dont have one in my area as the person we had got a another job, then there set a young girl on in septmber who was about 23 she lasted 2 months in the job so not had one seens novmber

There havent even aviested the job yet, we do have someone standing in but when ever my mum rings up she not there, and when she dos speak to her she tells her what my mum allready knows

Tatia
28-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Mine are fantastic. There's 3 of them, each with a different area of town, but all very knowledgeable and helpful. Obviously one of them is my official coordinator and the one I phone when I have issues or questions. I'm sure all 3 are Level 4 at least and two are EYPS status or very near to gaining it. They really deliver when I've asked for help, resources or answers.:thumbsup:

Pipsqueak
28-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I've got a brill co-ordinator. Turning into a good friend too!:D

jaja
28-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Hi, Just wanted to know what do your coordinators do? and are they the same as vacancy coordinator or a seperate thing? am a little confused :blush: they seem to have so many names for people doing the same job.

thanks

jen xxxx

chez1373
28-05-2008, 09:49 PM
I have no idea what a co-ordinator is????

I live in derbyshire does anyone know what this person does and if we have 1??

Tatia
29-05-2008, 06:47 AM
Mine are employees of NCMA but contracted by Surestart to coordinate the local network. Their main job is network childminders and accredited childminders, visiting to make sure you are maintaining standards and that you are up to date on training opportunities, legislation and also that you don't feel alone. Now with EYFS, our's are being asked to support non-network childminders, as well, to help them prepare for EYFS (which is a good thing). They are there to provide training, advice, access to resources, information, support, you name it.

We don't have a vacancy coordinator as all of that goes directly through CIS.

Tatia
29-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Chez, contact your local CIS and ask them if you have a network or co-ordinators in your area. They should be happy to put you in touch.

katickles
29-05-2008, 07:57 AM
Yeah - We have one & she is Fab! Can't praise her enough :clapping: