PDA

View Full Version : Dose anyone actauclly like ofsted?

Hannahlg
28-05-2008, 02:44 PM
How here likes ofsted?

becouse i have not meet many people who do

there jsut a pain in the ass

ajs
28-05-2008, 02:54 PM
i have nothing against ofsted particularly i just don't want them regulating childminders

angeldelight
28-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Well I think they can be really helpful and friendly - most of them are human after all

I think the reason that some of us moan is because they do things different for every inspection and we do think that is unfair

They should all sing from the same hymn book I think

Angel xx

mum22
28-05-2008, 04:09 PM
I have to say in my experience the inspectors i have had, have been very nice, professional and helpful. However, i am aware that there are vast differences with inspections - as can be seen from many threads on here, which is a great shame.

x helen

breezy
28-05-2008, 04:39 PM
I have nothing against Ofsted but they are too inconsistent and shouldn't be inspecting childminders!

emler
28-05-2008, 04:48 PM
I have absolutely nothing against them.................... because I have nothing to do with them :D Its the Care Commission for me!

Emler x

Pipsqueak
28-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I do not like the "red tape" Ofsted, and to be honest the left hand doesn't often know what the right is talking about if you happen to call them but certain individuals are nice people at Ofsted.
Yes I have come across one or two nice and human inspectors, they have recently been quite helpful and reassuring to me (Complaints team).

Its the "organisation" on the whole, the Standards are too open to individual interpretation leading to some very unfair and frankly boggling "suggestions" from inspectors. Ask one person at ofsted about for instance ratios under EYFS and you will get one answer, ask another person 5 minutes later and get another answer.

avril
28-05-2008, 06:19 PM
The inspectors I have met have been very friendly and approachable, but agree they should all follow the same requirements when inspecting as one cm could be picked upon something that another doesn't.

Lou
28-05-2008, 06:19 PM
The inspectors I have met have been very friendly and approachable, but agree they should all follow the same requirements when inspecting as one cm could be picked upon something that another doesn't.

Totally agree x

Spangles
28-05-2008, 06:20 PM
I don't have a problem with Ofsted apart from the inspectors not all working with the same standards/requirements so we don't 100% ever know what is required of us.

I've not been registered long though so can't really comment very much.

I think there would be problems whoever regulated us, it's probably the same for everyone who as a regulatory body no matter what their career.

flora
28-05-2008, 06:34 PM
I do not like the "red tape" Ofsted, and to be honest the left hand doesn't often know what the right is talking about if you happen to call them but certain individuals are nice people at Ofsted.
Yes I have come across one or two nice and human inspectors, they have recently been quite helpful and reassuring to me (Complaints team).

Its the "organisation" on the whole, the Standards are too open to individual interpretation leading to some very unfair and frankly boggling "suggestions" from inspectors. Ask one person at ofsted about for instance ratios under EYFS and you will get one answer, ask another person 5 minutes later and get another answer.

Ditto squeak's comments

berkschick
28-05-2008, 06:44 PM
Both the inspectors I have met have been nothing but kind and helpful.

And I have only ever had good experiences on the phone too.

It eould help if they all worked to the same rules though!

Blaze
28-05-2008, 11:06 PM

Same!!!:thumbsup: :)