PDA

View Full Version : Mindee with rash?

rhea26
07-03-2012, 01:59 PM
Hi I am after some advice, mindee arrived this morning and after mum had left I noticed he had a blotchy red rash on his face, he told me mummy is taking me to the docs and he doesnt seem ill just a bit tired, I have txt mum to check if she knows what the rash is and when we were at soft play it got a bit redder and more blotchy, think it was because he was hot, just wondered what you guys do if mindee has a rash and mum hasnt said anything, no reply as yet, thanks :)

The Juggler
07-03-2012, 02:00 PM
don't want to scare you but Scarlet fever and slapped cheek disease are doing the rounds here at the moment.

if you are worried and it doesn't go when he cools down a bit I'd call mum and ask her to have a GP check him over

pinkbutterfly
07-03-2012, 02:06 PM
It might as well be eczema. My son has it and every now and then is does get a bit blotchy ... sometimes he has none at all. Maybe that's why mum hasn't mentioned it.

rhea26
07-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Hope its not anything serious as I am 6 months pregnant so worried now! He has just fallen asleep on sofa which he doesnt usually do, although he does sometimes get tired, he is 4, will contact mum again, he does sometimes have sensitive skin so may be a reaction, thanks for replies :)

EmmaReed84
07-03-2012, 02:36 PM
It is so hard with rashes. My son has contact dermititis (sp?) it is especailly bad if he has tomatoey things. I either have to lather his face in vaseline before eating certain foods, or not let him have it if I don't have vaseline. He also dribbles a lot which casues it to be more irratated, the doc has prescribed some meds to help. however people will look at him and say "Oh poor thing has he got X Y or Z?"

I would keep an eye on his behaviour and note done things that are unusual, also write down the time you noticed it getting worse and what he was doing, then note if it has come down or not. If you are concerned in the slightest, call mum back and tell her to take him to the doc with your note (a copy)

SammyM
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
I've got one off with scarlet fever - currently doing the rounds. Praying we don't get it as we're escaping to Centre Parcs on Monday :-))