PDA

View Full Version : Nvq 3

zippy
07-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Hi a Childminding friend of mine has been approached by a company who want to fund a childcare level 2 with her, she has told them she really needs a level 3 but they won't fund the 3, obviously this is some kind of government funding, what she doesn't want to do is mess up any future funding she could get with regards to the level 3 with another Company, anyone got any ideas. Thanks

zippy
08-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Ok drawn a blank there lol, that must be a forum first, let's try another way, has anyone managed to secure any type of funding for level 3 lately thanks.

moggy
08-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Hi, yes, I am doing a fully-funded Level 3 via online course by Parenta. It is a lottery whether you get funding or not but worth a go, fill in online form on their website and local rep will call you back.

zippy
08-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Thanks so much for that, will pass that on, think she'd rather try for the level 3 if she can get it

sarahjane
08-03-2012, 11:03 PM
I spoke to Parenta last week, the funding is there for all childminders, however, it depends on where you live and if they have an assessor within an hours drive of you, I missed out as presently they have no one in East Anglia :(

zippy
09-03-2012, 08:17 PM
how annoying, thanks for relpying

Barb38
15-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Have managed to touch base with my nvq assessor (albeit via text message) and many texts later we are going to talk tomorrow. Sounds like she's not going down without a fight. All I can say is, research the company you want to go with, there may be better out there. Don't just go on a recommendation, do your own research; go for what you want. Use your childminding support groups, or talk to as many childminders as you can to get as much info as you can on what's out there.