PDA

View Full Version : parents at schools

samb
06-03-2012, 02:26 PM
:blush:Aaaaagh! Parents must think I am soooo annoying! When I am collecting at 2 different pre schools at the same time (5 mins walk apart where 1 finishes on time and other always late) groups of parents always stand around chatting and being oh so polite to each other letting each other go passed in through a single door etc. Well, as soon as the door opens if I am at the front of the mass I do not wait and just whizz in - I have been having comments for the last few times like "didn't know it was a race?!" etc! I get a bit annoyed about the comments as they are clearly annoyed about me going in first but I have to then rush up a hill with a baby in buggy, a 2 yr old and my 3 yr old ds (who is the one I collect) to collect baby mindees bro from his pre school (I have a variation for baby). As you can imgaine it is a rush as it is so I am not going to be the mum who stands there offering everyone else in first while I wait! I am really not trying to be rude but I am coming across that way now! Any tips?! I can't do the pre schools the other way round - have tried and doesn't work as mindees come out after bell has gone and then they have a sigle file queue and children are released 1 at a time whereas my ds's they let us all in and we all get our child and go with a teacher on the door checking all are going with correct adult.

I just don't want to get a reputation but can't be doing with being polite either!

JCrakers
06-03-2012, 02:43 PM
I pick up from a preschool that finishes at 3pm. I then have to walk with a double buggy and 2x3 yr olds to school which with the 4 of them takes about 20mins. School comes out at 3.15pm, So I have agreed with the preschool that I will pick up 10mins early.:D

This means I dont have to rush around like a maniac. I just knock at the door at 2.50pm and they have her all ready for me.
Would that work?

EmmaReed84
06-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Could you not work in partnership with the pre-schools and come to an arrangement... then document it :thumbsup:

I collect from 2 schools one at 3pm one at 3.15pm however I have spoken to the school and agreed that the 3pm school will ensure mindee is one of the first ones out, and the other school have agreed that my son and other mindee are one of the last out and if I am not there by the time all the kids have gone they wait in the office... both schools are totally fine with it and understand my situation... DO said it showed good partnership

little chickee
06-03-2012, 03:51 PM
I would either ignore their comments and not let it bother me or simply explain that you are sorry but you are always in a rush as you have the other child to collect.

i honestly would not let it bother me. I've been in a similar situation myself and asked the pre-shool to always let me collect first. They were fine about it.

sarah707
06-03-2012, 06:09 PM
When I have 2 schools to do I stand right in the teacher's face!! :laughing:

I just ignore the comments, smile sweetly and say loudly to the children 'come on we need to get xx from the other school now'.

:D

lulubelle
06-03-2012, 06:58 PM
I do simiar every day when I collect from 2 schools, I also spoke to the schools and 1st school child is 1st out and 2nd school child is last out!

Mollymop
07-03-2012, 02:43 PM
Today I have to collect mindee from Pre-school then dash over the road and collect my dd and mindee from Junior school (both schools come out at same time!) - I am usually late by a min or 2 because of the kids and parents coming out of the school gates as I'm trying to come in- they don't let me in! RUDE!! I just barge through them with my buggy! LOL

samb
07-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Today I have to collect mindee from Pre-school then dash over the road and collect my dd and mindee from Junior school (both schools come out at same time!) - I am usually late by a min or 2 because of the kids and parents coming out of the school gates as I'm trying to come in- they don't let me in! RUDE!! I just barge through them with my buggy! LOL

:laughing::laughing: Glad I m not the only one!

samb
07-03-2012, 09:06 PM
When I have 2 schools to do I stand right in the teacher's face!! :laughing:

I just ignore the comments, smile sweetly and say loudly to the children 'come on we need to get xx from the other school now'.

:D

Yes I do make loud comments about come on lets see who can be the quickest out to collect xxx so he doesn't have to wait for us?! :rolleyes:

I think from all your comments that it is just the way it is with childminders! i think it is getting to me more because it is MY sons pre school that I am getting comments at and I don't want it to affect him.