PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about a name for my childminding buissness - Where do you get ideas from?

jw19nr
28-05-2008, 11:52 AM
Hello. I would like to give my Minding Buissness a name, but have no idea where to start. Any ideas where to get inspiration? I have no imagination what so ever!

My Surname is Webb but don't really know if I should put that in somewhere or not. Dont want to use my first name as My husband might be being my assistant if things get going well so wouldn't want the name to exclude him.

I am spending a few hours today sorting out my paperwork, well at least while my LO is asleep! Want to be completly ready for mindees when I get registered.

Any ideas?

Pipsqueak
28-05-2008, 11:57 AM
A lot of us bounced ideas of each other on here!

WebbCare Childminding ????

Have you any unique selling points, something about your setting that might be good to include, what about your area?

Will have a think!

mrsbumbles
28-05-2008, 12:03 PM
What about Incy wincys childminding ?

Spider web related? like the song incy wincy spider?

Pipsqueak
28-05-2008, 12:07 PM
oh very good MrsBumbles! Like it:clapping:

jw19nr
28-05-2008, 12:08 PM
The other thing I meant to ask...When thinking of a name, can I just do anything, or do I need to make sure there are no other childminders with that name? Obviously I wouldnt name myself the same as a childminder I know, but I dont know what they are all called, and don't really want to spend hours looking it all up?

hello kitty
28-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Also, what would you come under on the CIS website, your name or your business name?

angeldelight
28-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I know one of our members named herself something a while back then found out someone else had the same name and they lived fairly close
So our member changed her name

Pauline thought of " Little Angels " for me
I was going to have " angels delights " but thought I might get some unsavoury people call thinking I meant something else haha

Angel xx

karenjoy
28-05-2008, 03:19 PM
:laughing: Angel xx

jw19nr
28-05-2008, 03:32 PM
I think I might not bother actually. Think it might be more hassle than its worth. Do most of you have names?

karenjoy
28-05-2008, 03:49 PM
I have chosen KCS which stands for Karen's Childminding Services (but is also my intials if I was using my maiden name too!

Pipsqueak
28-05-2008, 03:55 PM
You can have your "business" name on the CIS website but on official paperwork (Ofsted) you will be J Webb Registered Childminder.

I think having a business name helps you to stand out from the crowd - all you need to do is put it on all your paperwork/business cards etc and you will get known as that.

Mrs M
28-05-2008, 04:58 PM
My business is called "Morris Minors" as my surname is Morris. My hubby thought it up. We have a large logo which get put on adverts, letter heads and all posters and paperwork in the setting. It's gone down really well. Love the Incy Wincy Spider idea mentioned previously. Go for something fun and appealing to both adults and children. Good luck x

Pipsqueak
28-05-2008, 06:07 PM
I went with The Monkey House Childminding!!!:D (Courtesy of someone on here!)

fishbones1
30-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Mine is Tadpole Childcare! my nickname is tadpole, long story not telling, not very interesting anyway!!!!

Good luck with the name, I thought about having one as it is nice for the children to have a special group name!

Wendy Woo
30-05-2008, 07:24 PM
I am Wendy House Childminding. I use it on all my paper work and stuff.
My dad thought it up years ago when he was seein into my future, he says 10yrs from now i will have my own Wendy House Nursey

It all comes from me being named wendy i suppose!!!!!!!!!!!!1

barbarella68
30-05-2008, 08:41 PM
I am called Cheeky Monkeys Childminding,I even have my own website,and paid for a co.uk address but can't set it up properly,I will get round to it eventually.You need to do a bit of research first to see if any one has the same name or similar.:)

MissTinkerbell
31-05-2008, 11:32 AM
I like Incy Wincy too. I've ended up with the same name as someone else and there are 2 Little Sparkles but this was purely coincidental. I read someones website who was Little Stars and their byline was ..'where all children are stars' or something similar.

I tried to come up with a byline and came up with ....where every child can sparkle' and hence the name Little Sparkles Childminding. I'd made letterheads and logos plus hubby made me a sign for the house before I discovered that there was already a Little Sparkles.

I then did some asking around and there's no reason why you can't have the same name as someone else but its probably not a good idea if you are in the same area. I'm the only one in my area that has a business name but I think it creates a good impression and a professional image.

Ripeberry
02-06-2008, 01:42 PM
Please can you lovely ladies/guys please give me ideas for a childminding bussiness name based on "Berry" which is my surname.
I've thought about "Sweet Berries childminding" "Little Berries childminding" or even "Berry sweet childminding".
Please let me know what you think about the names above and let me know of any others you can think of...involving Berry/berries.
Thanks a million :) :)

mrsbumbles
02-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Hi Ripeberry,

What about ' The Berrie Best Childminding Service'

fishbones1
02-06-2008, 06:16 PM
How about 'my bunch of berries childminding' or take out bunch, put childcare rather than childminding.

Hope that helps