PDA

View Full Version : Forces holidays

Spangles
28-05-2008, 11:20 AM
I have just got a quick question, probably a stupid one!

My hubby is in the army and has a 3 or 4 week holiday coming up for Summer during this time we obviously want to spend time together as a family especially as it look like he's either off to Iraq or Afghan in Sept.

It seems like I will still have my full-timer during this time and possibly a part-timer - how do you handle this? The full-timer is now 8 months and the part-timer 15 months. Would you just carry on your life as normal but with the mindees joining in and sort of give obs and activities a break for a few weeks or should I work as normal and my hubby will have to go and amuse himself so to speak!

What would you do?

Shirlwith3
28-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Hi My hubby is now out the army he did 22yrs.

What I do when it is school hoilday is carry on as normal but leave out the planned activities it like a break for them too, so I would sugget that you just carry on your life as normal but with the mindees joining in and sort of give obs and activities a break for a few weeks.
Hope that hepls

shirl

Spangles
28-05-2008, 12:55 PM
Thanks Shirl.

I guess the odd ob would still naturally come up anyway and in a way I suppose we will be doing things quite normally i.e. going to park, playing in garden, and for the ages concerned I wouldn't be doing different themes and festivals anyway.

x

angeldelight
28-05-2008, 02:30 PM
I would go with the flow

Do things together - and just take things easy for a bit its hardly going to hurt is it

I know when hubby is here with me we tend to do things that I would not usually do if he is at work

I would def go with what Shirl does

Have fun that will be really nice for you Lorri

Angel xx

Tatia
28-05-2008, 03:25 PM
EYFS isn't compulsory til September so I reckon I'd give myself a break for those weeks and spend all the extra time with your husband (instead of paperwork), as he may be shipped out soon enough. If you can't afford to take it all as holiday, then just bring mindees along as part of the family.

Tatia
28-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Jut had a thought - you'll probably be going camera crazy anyway so just get photos of mindees enjoying themselves and wack those in obs books come Spetember! It'll give ya something to do!:)

Lou
28-05-2008, 03:56 PM
I agree with Tatia,

just enjoy time with hubby, esp as he is going away, and mindees can join in with whatever you are doing.

You would be surprised what things you get pics of that you can use.

chez1373
28-05-2008, 09:31 PM
I was in the Army for 7yrs....
Artillery.

Anyway back to the thread..
I would take time off could afford it but id also carry on as normal..
Im no good really am i....
Sorry

Spangles
28-05-2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks Chez, I know what you mean.

chez1373
28-05-2008, 09:40 PM
With regards to being in the Army and holidays you want to spend it with your own family and do your own things and at your lesuire..

Plus hubby might want to spend time with you and your own kids as he is off to Iraq or Afghan...
Ive been 3 times and thats all i wanted but all comes down to money at the end of the day doesnt it such a hard a question..

Blaze
29-05-2008, 12:37 AM
EYFS isn't compulsory til September so I reckon I'd give myself a break for those weeks and spend all the extra time with your husband (instead of paperwork), as he may be shipped out soon enough. If you can't afford to take it all as holiday, then just bring mindees along as part of the family.

Jut had a thought - you'll probably be going camera crazy anyway so just get photos of mindees enjoying themselves and wack those in obs books come Spetember! It'll give ya something to do!:)

I agree!:thumbsup:

Blaze
29-05-2008, 12:39 AM
I was in the Army for 7yrs....
Artillery.

Anyway back to the thread..
I would take time off could afford it but id also carry on as normal..
Im no good really am i....
Sorry

One of my best friends was in the RAF..MT driver (hope I've got that right)!:blush:

She's now a special... training to be a PC...she left the RAF when she had her ds.:)

charleyfarley
29-05-2008, 06:31 AM
When Daz was in army we still did things together even when I was minding we just included them in our plans if they were there.

It would have been nice to spend our hols with it just being us but it isn't always possible.

I would leave the obs while Darren is off and take photos that you can use later.

Most of all Lorri enjoy your time with him before he goes away again.

Carol xx