PDA

View Full Version : AT THE END OF MY TETHER!!!

stargazer1
06-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I seriously am on the verge of giving up. The wait between getting my application in and getting my pre-registration visit was ridiculous. We waited 14 weeks just for my partner's CRB check to come back and then a huge wait for my inspection. Had my inspection 3 weeks ago, all went great but my inspector dropped the bomb shell that someone at CSSIW had filled out the form wrong for my partners CRB check and there was a major bit missing so they have had to reapply before they can register me. She told me to sort insurance etc, which I have done, and is now basically being wasted. She was very matter of fact that once the CRB comes back I can have a registration number and away we go. But the wait is going on again. Like I say, it took 14 weeks first time, I seriously hope it isnt going to take that long again. I am looking after two friends children at the moment for no payment, they will go on the books when I am up and running. But I am seriously skint, have had a houseful of sick kids for the past month, and just seriously fed up. Does anyone know if CRBs always take the same amount of time?? If it takes more than another fortnight I am really thinking of just chucking the towel in, I wonder whether all the wasted time and hurdles we seem to have had to jump are just a way of telling me this isnt meant to be :(

manjay
06-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I had similar problems with CSSIW. In my case the CRB came back and it was 'filed' in a drawer instaed of being passed to an inspector! My registration process took 12 months in total:rolleyes:. This was $ years ago and looking back now the wait was definitely worth it. Tough at the time of course but I think that is what made me all the more determined to succeed.

I would say keep pestering just so they don't forget about you. Have you checked CRB online to see what stage it is at? I have just had one done for school and it was back in 10 days so they do vary greatly.

Hope it all gets sorted quickly for you:thumbsup:

~Chelle~
06-03-2012, 11:40 AM
CRB's are a pain in the :censored:

Because I was from London, but now living in Kent, they had to check with 2 Police Forces and it took forever,

From the time of starting my course till when I got my Registration Certificate was 9 months :eek:

The main thing holding it all up was the CRB.

I would have thought that because they had done it, but part was missing, it shouldn't take that long to do.

If you have a number for them, phone them and see how long it will take to sort out.

Good luck with it all x

catminder
06-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Agree with what's already been said. Keep pestering them and hang on in there - it'll be worth it in the end :thumbsup:

sillybeans
06-03-2012, 12:29 PM
I started the process in Oct 10 and got my certificate at the end of Sept 11 ... all because of various c**k up's by my docs, CRB and Ofsted!!!

Felt never ending at the time. It does get there but I know how you feel....stick with it x

stargazer1
06-03-2012, 12:31 PM
Thanks all. So frustrating because my other half is a carpenter and will have little to no contact with the kids due to the hours I will work and the hours he works. I sat the ICP last May so it seems to be going on forever. So annoying tha I'm just wasting my insurance now as its active and I cant use it. Guess I just need to chill and know that it will be worth the wait. Im booked up three and a half days a week and these people are waiting on me opening so really hope I dont have to mess them around much longer. Thanks for the support, I love this forum xx

brightstar
07-03-2012, 07:54 AM
We probably share the same cssiw office. As Manjay says keep ringing them. In October last year they sent off my DH and DS CRBs, but somehow mine stayed at the office :eek: Theirs came back within weeks, mine appeared 3 months later, but no-ones admitting to an error. It happened when I was registering too. All the paperwork was filed in a drawer and not sent off until I phoned the CRB people and they had no record. Make a note of the CRB number so you can track it online. As soon as its marked complete ring your inspector, she might be able to give you the go ahead to start work. I too jumped through hoops, but its all worth it in the end :group hug:

stargazer1
08-03-2012, 07:07 AM
Thanks Cheekymonkey. I tracked it online, its at stage 4 with local police force which is where it got stuck before. I read somewhere that you can chase your local Police so I phoned Dyfed Powys Police and spoke to their CRB department. The guy I spoke to said "yes no problem, I can check on it for you and get it back to them". I thought yay!!!!!! He then asked for postcode and said "no, we haven't got that CRB". I asked how could they not have when it says it is with the local police. He said the most likely scenario is that there is someone somewhere else in the country with the same name and date of birth as my partner who has a record, and so it gets sent to that local police department first. He said if they are not very fast, then it affects how long it takes to get back to Dyfed Powys. For gods sakes!!!!!!!!!!!! I asked if there is any way of finding out which police authority have it and I can chase them, he said they have no way of knowing that info and to ask CRB. Phoned CRB who said its all done by computer, they have no way of intervening and will not tell me which police it has gone to. My partner has lived in the same small town all 34 years his life so lord only knows why they feel the need to search someone miles away!!!! grrrrrrrrrr!!! I swear the people I've got waiting think I'm hiding some deep dark secret the amount of time we've wasted on CRB checks.

jelly15
08-03-2012, 12:59 PM
I am from your area and the whole process took eight months but I think I was a right pita, ring up and checking how things were coming along. I was worried that my first inspection after my registration would be a nightmare because I had angered the inspectors butshe was very nice, fair and professional. I do think the inspectors are very overworked in our area (blame the government).

I think that the wait is very flustating but worth it when you actually start minding.

stargazer1
09-03-2012, 08:10 AM
Thank you jelly, I just can't wait to get going. Whereabouts are you from? Always nice to have contacts in the same area x

angeldelight
09-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I hope it all happens for you soon

Keep pestering them so they get fed up of you :laughing:

It will happen for you soon

Good luck

Angel xx

stargazer1
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Thanks all. Spoke to my inspector yesterday, she couldnt be more helpful. SHe said once this CRB comes back she will have me registered in 48 hours as all the paperwork is done. So just got to wait. Flippin CRBs are the bain of my life and neither of us have done so much as steal a sweet from the penny sweet shop. x

greenfields
09-03-2012, 02:45 PM
I feel for you. I'm having issues with my social services check so I'm waiting longer than expected too. Like manjay says, it should make us more determined, I know I am! Keep calling and asking how things are going. I speak to my inspector regularly, she is very good and understands how frustrating this is (I'm also nearly registered). :rolleyes:

manjay
09-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Flippin CRBs are the bain of my life and neither of us have done so much as steal a sweet from the penny sweet shop. x

Lol! Maybe it would have been quicker if you had! You might have been a prority then;)

tulip0803
09-03-2012, 11:05 PM
I agree with Manjay that it is definately worth while despite the long wait - you are nearly there. My registration with CSSIW took 11 months in 2008 (and I was a minder in England when I moved!). Amongst the many delays was that DH CRB forms were left in my application file for 3 months before being sent off! Then DS turned 16 & needed one too. Then the inspector had problems with her own CRB coming back so could not do inspections, then she went on holiday for all of August and so it went on and on.

PS. I am also in SW Wales too

stargazer1
22-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Still waiting :( x

catminder
22-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Hang on in there, it can't be that long a wait now, surely. Are you able to ring to 'chase it up'? You must be getting rather :angry: by now but it'll be worth it.

stargazer1
22-03-2012, 03:05 PM
I phoned to chase it up but they say that the local police forces have 60 days from the beginning of stage 4 before CRB can intervene. So basically it could be another month. I've just booked two another in for after the easter hols so seriously hope it doesnt take that long or I'm going to lose my entire waiting list.

Polly2
22-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Mine only too a couple of weeks to come through but that was 5 years ago. I think CSSIW have combined offices now and things certainly don't seem to be as efficient.

Just keep ringing them and being a pain in their bum :p

Hope it all comes through soon x

stargazer1
04-04-2012, 12:07 PM
and still waiting :(

manjay
04-04-2012, 12:15 PM
and still waiting :(

Oh no!!! I noticed you had posted and I thought it was going to be that it was all sorted:(. Hang in there, it will be worth it in the end xx

stargazer1
04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
I've been phoning and phoning and now my inspector has stopped returning my calls. She said last time I spoke to her that as soon as it is back she will get it processed straight away and my registration number to me but its taking so long. I phoned CRB again and they keep on that stage 4 can take 60 days - before they can chase the Police for it. So theres not even any guarantee that at the end of the 60 days (which is up on 19th April) that it will be back, it just means they can start to chase the Police for it then. Its never ending. Im supposed to have one little boy starting with me on 17th and one on the 18th. Really dont want to have to phone the parents as it will obviously mean I am going to lose them but dont want to leave it til the last minute and then have to let them down anyway.

loocyloo
04-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Im supposed to have one little boy starting with me on 17th and one on the 18th. Really dont want to have to phone the parents as it will obviously mean I am going to lose them but dont want to leave it til the last minute and then have to let them down anyway.

hope it comes soon for you.

could you consider looking after these children at their house for the short term? then you wouldn't be letting the parents down, but not childminding in your house, but nannying?

stargazer1
04-04-2012, 01:10 PM
can I do that? without any registration? x

loocyloo
04-04-2012, 01:28 PM
can I do that? without any registration? x

you don't need to be registered to be a nanny, BUT the parents can't use tax credits to pay you unless you are registered with ofsted, but if its only going to take a few weeks, it might be an option. you have to do it in their house though.

stargazer1
04-04-2012, 01:31 PM
its definitely something to bear in mind, thanks for that x

stargazer1
24-04-2012, 08:37 AM
Hubby's CRB went through yesterday!! Finally!! Spoke to my inspector yesterday afternoon and she said I will be registered next week!! Yay!!!!! :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping: :clapping:

manjay
24-04-2012, 11:13 AM
Fantastic news:thumbsup:

Playmate
24-04-2012, 12:28 PM
hooray :cheerleader:

jelly15
24-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Great news :clapping:

tulip0803
24-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Finally:clapping::clapping:

The Juggler
25-04-2012, 06:08 AM
that's really good news hon. so pleased for you :clapping::clapping::clapping:

debbie1
25-04-2012, 03:06 PM
Hi hun soooooo pleased for you now the fun begins xxxdebbie xxx :clapping::clapping::clapping:

stargazer1
10-05-2012, 11:45 AM
So much for last week!! Still waiting for my letter!!! Have phoned every day this week, no-one returning my calls, emails ignored! Not a happy bunny and back to the state I was in at the beginning of this thread - at the end of my bleeping tether!! x :angry::mad::censored::crying:

stargazer1
10-05-2012, 01:53 PM
see my new thread!!!! :clapping::clapping: