PDA

View Full Version : Measles Outbreak Liverpool

rickysmiths
06-03-2012, 10:19 AM
I was looking at something else and came across this.

I thought it would be of general interest but of course particularly for our friends in Liverpool and around.

http://www.hpa.org.uk/ProductsServices/LocalServices/NorthWest/NorthWestPressReleases/nwest120229Liverpoolmeaslesoutbreakupdate/

AgentTink
06-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks Ricky. Our local authority had emailed us about three weeks ago with the leaflet for us to print and give to our parents.

boxtree7
06-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Its just on the local new - parents with children under 5 will be receiving reminder letters. Sounds scary ........... The schools came home with letters last week to say don't go straight to A & E or your GP - told to phone GP and follow there guidance.

My daughter who is 13 came home last week to say she had a needle - She said it was for measles - I told her she already had it - she did point out that I signed the letter. I must have taught it was cervical cancer - she wasn't best pleased with me.

rickysmiths
06-03-2012, 01:41 PM
Its just on the local new - parents with children under 5 will be receiving reminder letters. Sounds scary ........... The schools came home with letters last week to say don't go straight to A & E or your GP - told to phone GP and follow there guidance.

My daughter who is 13 came home last week to say she had a needle - She said it was for measles - I told her she already had it - she did point out that I signed the letter. I must have taught it was cervical cancer - she wasn't best pleased with me.

Oh dear best watch to see she doesn't have a reaction if she has already had it..

rickysmiths
06-03-2012, 01:42 PM
Sad thing is that if only all parents had had their children vaccinated this wouldn't be happening.

JCrakers
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM
Sad thing is that if only all parents had had their children vaccinated this wouldn't be happening.

Agree, sadly a lot of parents didnt immunise due to all the scares didnt they. Each to their own and its a big decision to make but i had my two done no questions asked.

Dragonfly
06-03-2012, 02:39 PM
I believe its not just people in this country that havent been vaccinated, but people coming in from other countries?

rickysmiths
06-03-2012, 03:40 PM
I believe its not just people in this country that havent been vaccinated, but people coming in from other countries?

There may be an element of that, but I don't think it is the main cause it is just the very low vaccination uptake among our own population.

Talk about TB and yes that is brought in from the Indian Continent and is a real problem.