PDA

View Full Version : Sickness policy??

smurfette
06-03-2012, 10:11 AM
Hi does anyone please have a sickness policy I could have a copy of? Still finding my feet with this and my pia parent finally took
Mindee to doc this am after three weeks of a nasty cough rant was making her vomit and a temp and she has a rattle
On her lung and is on an antibiotic .. I decided then I couldn't have her I was cross as my own dd was up in the night with a barky cough now! There is I think something about not having them with an antibiotic isn't there cos of the risk of allergy? I am in Ireland so don't have the same
Rules and that but I want to set a policy on this now so annoyed!! :angry:

rickysmiths
06-03-2012, 11:16 AM
I will only take a child on antibiotics when they have had at least 24 hours on them.

This is for two reasons.
One so if they are going to have a reaction they have it at home and not with me.
Also it gives the medicine a chance to start working. I must say depending on the illness I usually find the 24 hour rule works

After that my stock phrase is: I will only take the child back if they are fit and well enough to take part in all my routine activities and that includes school runs , visits to toddler groups and generally going out for walks and outside play.

catminder
06-03-2012, 11:23 AM
My Health Policy covers sickness. It mentions the 48 hour exclusion for D&or V, other infectious illnesses with exclusion times, and what I would do if a child became ill whilst in my care ie. contacting parents, emergency medical care etc. HTH

smurfette
06-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks both that was very helpful.. Like that phrase too Rickysmiths i text her this evening to see how she was and That we are booked into Jo jingles tomorrow .. I take 3 under 3 so she needs to be well enough to take part. , quote mum she has been flying around all day we will see you tomorrow (not will u take her?!!) I said thats fine as long as she is well enough for it will ring you if not! Cheeky mare!!!