PDA

View Full Version : Drawers

jadavi
06-03-2012, 07:39 AM
Does anyone know how to stop a drawer opening all the way and falling out? I wondered if there was a screw or something? I don't mean baby locks. I want them to be able to open the drawer.
On the plus side I have a new lovely low long chest of drawers for my dress up corner with fixed mirror and inset space for a chair. I now have three drawers I can fill with things for them to access.
Current ages are 1,2,4 5 ( have lots elsewhere for the older ones)
Any ideas what to use the drawers for? Feels such a luxury!

Cheers
Ja x

miffy
06-03-2012, 07:58 AM
Have a look on some diy stores websites, I'm sure you can buy something to stop the drawers coming out too far (thought most drawer sets had these on anyway tbh)

I'd use the drawers for bags, shoes, hats, and lengths of material.

Miffy xx

rosebud
06-03-2012, 09:31 AM
bags, accessories and hats. It sounds lovely I'm so jealous.

jadavi
07-03-2012, 07:04 AM
Thanks. Yes good idea. Thought I'd put other stuff there too though.
Just posting again about the drawers not coming right out as have not been able to find anything. Has anyone else had to make safe low drawers (other than stopping opening altogether)?

Cheers

miffy
07-03-2012, 07:53 AM
I googled drawer stoppers and found a couple of different ones but on American sites.

I would visit a big diy store or kitchen suppliers and ask them.

Miffy xx

murrayspud
07-03-2012, 09:53 AM
You could screw 1 or 2 small blocks of wood to the back of the drawer, inside, vertically, so that when the drawer is opened, the blocks of wood catch on the front of the furniture and prevent the drawer from falling out. I have furniture that works this way, and it is brill because to be able to remove the drawer for whatever reason, you just turn the wood to be horizontal and the drawer will come out.

If you need any further help, please PM me and I will see if I can send you a pic of what I mean.

Hope it helps

Kathryn x