PDA

View Full Version : First osted inspection-panic!!!!!

migimoo
05-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I started childminding in October and didn't expect my grading inspection to be so soon!
In a bit of a panic,bit cross with my local childminding team as it took another childminder to tell me about doing a SEF....2 weeks ago!
Feeling very loved as all of my parents,when txted to say i had ofsted coming,replied immediately saying how much their kids loved me and wot a great childminder i was(must admit,i was holding back a few tears)
Have followed everyones advice on here-done lots of risk assessments,read up on child protection and really blinged up my outdoor play area...anything i've missed?
Would be over the moon if i got a GOOD!!:jump for joy:

georgeypie07
05-03-2012, 11:27 PM
i recently had my first inspection not long ago and my piece of advice is 'dont panic'!!! it honestly isnt as bad as you think just be yourself, you will be fine! (i got graded 'good')

:happy banana:

lulubelle
06-03-2012, 07:23 AM
I am the oposite, mine is well over due but just wanted to say goodluck!

catminder
06-03-2012, 07:45 AM
Maybe you could ask your mindees parents to fill in a questionaire or just write a note for the inspector to say how pleased they are with you etc.
Good luck, it's not as bad as you think it will be :thumbsup:

miffy
06-03-2012, 07:56 AM
Double check all your paperwork especially things like signatures on accident forms, it's often the little things that get overlooked and can bring the inspection grade down.

Be confident, you do a good job, the parents and children are happy - just let the inspector know that.

Good luck

Miffy xx

migimoo
07-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Well Ms Ofsted came today and said she's grading me as 'good with outstanding aspects'....to say i'm pleased is an understatement!

I did give out surveys as suggested but only 1 out of 6 parents filled theirs in!
Was surprised she didn't even glance at my SEF and the only things she checked house-wise were gates and locks.

catminder
07-03-2012, 09:53 PM
That's great, congratulations:clapping:
Well done for getting one of your surveys back as well :laughing:

Pinkrose
07-03-2012, 10:22 PM
That is great well done