PDA

View Full Version : Nightmare child....but he is mine .AHHHH

dette
05-03-2012, 07:51 PM
My DS3 played me up big style today when leaving nursery.I was collecting one mindee4 one neice4 and my DS3.should have been a nice easy 2 min walk.They all wear hi vis vests and like backpacks with a harness atatched..like dog leads :).Any way DS came down the steps carrying his backpack instead of wearing it but decided he wasnt gonna wear it.With 3 busy town centre roads to cross i wont let any LO,s not wear a backpack not even my son..and no means no ..end of.I had to hold him between my knees to get his arms through the straps while he screamed and squirmed and wriggled.once it was finally on we set off.The 2 girls on my left hand and my DS on my right.The teachers stood and watched as he grabbed every fence post in the playground hanging on for dear life then dangling like a puppet while i held the handle on the top of the pack.still screaming.I managed to get him out of the school grounds by virtually dragging him along.All the while im still smiling(on the outside).When we got to the first road i put him over my shoulder and round my neck like a human scarf holding himwith one hand with the other 2 LO's trotting along like angels atatched to my left hand.He screamed all the way home..He will learn .I never back down..no is always no.consistency till the end even if it kills me .which today i thought it was going to

wendywu
05-03-2012, 08:00 PM
This did make me smile :D:D I would have loved to have seen you in the playground :laughing:

boxtree7
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
it made me smile as well ........ your little fella is not alone I might just have a mate here for him. I always say if he didn't sleep and eat things could be worse.

loocyloo
05-03-2012, 08:04 PM
awww, big hug to you. and well done! :clapping:

my DS is almost 10 and still doesn't quite get it that if i say no, i mean no !!!

catminder
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Well done for being persistent. I'm sure he'll get the message soon.:thumbsup:

EmmaReed84
05-03-2012, 08:24 PM
:laughing: This made me laugh, I am so sorry I shouldn't laugh because I have been in those situations before and know what they feel like.

Good on you... I too and the sort of person who won't back down to prove a point! Really exhausting sometimes though lol.

mushpea
05-03-2012, 08:50 PM
good for you,, kids just love trying your paitence but sticking to your guns like you did today will pay off in the end, mine are 11yr and 13yr and dont bother to argue anymore, well, not that much anyway:laughing:

dette
06-03-2012, 08:04 AM
good for you,, kids just love trying your paitence but sticking to your guns like you did today will pay off in the end, mine are 11yr and 13yr and dont bother to argue anymore, well, not that much anyway:laughing:

I've got 7 kids and all the rest are really good.i get loads of compliaments on how well behaved they are but this one ....well i can hope:)

mama2three
06-03-2012, 08:28 AM
No means no here too - if it was ds that smile would have disappeared from my face the second I got indoors and he would have well and truly been read the riot act and sent to bed! Nasty Mummy!

dette
06-03-2012, 10:09 AM
No means no here too - if it was ds that smile would have disappeared from my face the second I got indoors and he would have well and truly been read the riot act and sent to bed! Nasty Mummy!

:)I popped him over the stairgate to the kitchen as soon as we got in and told him he wasnt coming in until he stopped screaming.which he did eventually.rat bag

EmmaReed84
06-03-2012, 10:25 AM
:)I popped him over the stairgate to the kitchen as soon as we got in and told him he wasnt coming in until he stopped screaming.which he did eventually.rat bag

Do you ever find though they stop screaming and as soon as you get them they start again?

If DS's have been particularly "challenging" they are sent to their rooms, they scream blue murder and they told they will not be allowed back down until they stop... they stop so I go up and get them, then they start of wailing and crying again lol

tess1981
06-03-2012, 01:01 PM
This did make me smile :D:D I would have loved to have seen you in the playground :laughing:

Me too... my DD would be the same when the notion takes her :(