PDA

View Full Version : Advice please......

Toothfairy
05-03-2012, 09:58 AM
I've had a bad back since Thursday.
It's in my lower back/top of my bottom, it feels muscular or a traped nerve.
I rested over the weekend and it felt a little better this morning.
However, I got back from the school run this morning and was slightly bent forward helping a toddler to step over my front door step and a pain shot up my back and it went into spasm.

I have taken two Voltarol tablets, but I am finding it painful to walk and sit.
My DH (also my assistant) is coming back from work to help me, should be back around 11am.
I have booked a physio appointment for tonight at 5.30pm.

What I need advice about is, should I cancel tomorrow now or wait to see how I feel after physio.

Tomorrow I have a 3yr old, a 2yr old and a 1yr old (1yr old can't walk yet so needs alot of lifting and carrying) and DH can't help tomorrow as he is in meetings all day.

Even just moving my head or arms pulls on my back and sets the pain off.

Feeling very sorry for myself :(

rickysmiths
05-03-2012, 10:01 AM
I would be booking an appointment with my GP today and booking tomorrow off.

Have you ever tried Acupuncture? My dh used to get similar back pain when he was a class teacher and was up and down to low tables. Acupuncture sorted him out a treat within 2-3 treatments.

Polly2
05-03-2012, 10:33 AM
I would book tomorrow off - give yourself time to recover. Hope you feel better after your appointment x

EmmaReed84
05-03-2012, 10:40 AM
No advice I am affraid, just want to say hope it gets better soon... (gentle hugs ;))

cara1235
05-03-2012, 10:42 AM
I would book tomorrow off so you can rest it explain to parents that by doing this you are hoping you wont need to take even more time off from aggrivating it by working x

LOOPYLISA
05-03-2012, 11:08 AM
I would get a doc appt and go from there, they be able to give u strong tabs x :thumbsup:

Toothfairy
05-03-2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks everyone.
Have phoned doctors but no appointments so waiting for the doctor to phone me.
I will contact parents and put them in the picture. The trouble is they are all teachers so having time off is hard for them but hey ho.

The Juggler
05-03-2012, 01:49 PM
just find your nearest osteo or physio hon and book an appointment today, don't wait for the GP. Ask them for some exercises at home too. Try some voltarol gel rather than tabs (especially if you CAN work) but don't work if you are unable.

sounds like sciatica BUT me, DH and my brother have had severe lower back pain recently and it can be your glut muscles pulling down or even your hamstrings (if you exercise and don't stretch properly). If you think it might be this its worth doing some stretches to ease it out.

hope you feel better soon.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I had this years ago and landed up for an emergency op and had a disc removed. Sometimes rest and pain killers are the only solution. Do you have anyone else you can call on to help tomorrow?

Stapleton83
05-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh dear poor you. I would book tomorrow off you don't want to make it any worse. Would agree see the doctor if you can and if he tells you it's sciatica then rest, gentle exercise and painkillers. The only other thing I found worked was reflexology and that did ease it but be careful not to go too mad when you feel better it will still be mending.

Take care x

catminder
05-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Agree with above, have a rest for a couple of days. Hope you feel better soon :thumbsup:

flowerpots
05-03-2012, 06:58 PM
How are you feeling hun?

I pulled my sciatic nerve last year and it sounds like you have done the same thing, the advice i got was take the pain killers and when the apin eases do as much as you can.

It was the worse pain ive ever been in. Hope you are ok. xxxx

Toothfairy
07-03-2012, 10:57 PM
I have had to take the week off work. I have done something to the Facet Joint in my lower back. Having physio every other day and spending my days laying down or standing as im not alloud to sit.
Mindee's parents were ok'ish about me not working but i could tell they were cheesed off but hey ho.
Should be back to work on monday, fingers crossed.

angeldelight
07-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I have had to take the week off work. I have done something to the Facet Joint in my lower back. Having physio every other day and spending my days laying down or standing as im not alloud to sit.
Mindee's parents were ok'ish about me not working but i could tell they were cheesed off but hey ho.
Should be back to work on monday, fingers crossed.

Get yourself 100% better before you think of working

Hope you get well soon

Angel xxx