PDA

View Full Version : dose having a level 3 childcare and education qualification help???

Rachael's stars
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
hi i have a CACHE Diploma in child care and education level 3 qualification, and am starting my registration of becoming a childminder tomorrow, would i have any benefits with having this when registering and dose it have any advantages? any replys would be really helpfull thanks

rickysmiths
05-03-2012, 09:58 AM
I would say that for a new and inexperienced childminder that doing the new Level 3 Diploma would be very helpful. If you have the opportunity to do it I would. It is going to be highly likely that it will be compulsory for all new childminders from this September to have this qualification within 5 years of registering.

Gracie's mamma
05-03-2012, 10:09 AM
:(I did it and it was REALLY tough , but i'm glad i did it .

Rachael's stars
05-03-2012, 01:08 PM
i have already done it in 2006 and loved it. thats a releif having it if its going to be compulsary , just wondered if it made the registration prosses any easier or quicker apart from having the advantage from the experiance?

mama2three
05-03-2012, 01:13 PM
i have already done it in 2006 and loved it. thats a releif having it if its going to be compulsary , just wondered if it made the registration prosses any easier or quicker apart from having the advantage from the experiance?

no not at all Im afraid - you may find you still have to do the ICP regardless of current qualification. What you have learned will benefit you as a childminder , putting it into practice ..
Good Luck with the reg process x

Rachael's stars
05-03-2012, 03:49 PM
no not at all Im afraid - you may find you still have to do the ICP regardless of current qualification. What you have learned will benefit you as a childminder , putting it into practice ..
Good Luck with the reg process x

thanks, that what i thought, thought id find out first though, luckily iv kept all my assignments and gradeing form that went with it all so will have that to look through if i need to plus i guess its a goo fat folder full of edvidence lol

i got graded 2 x B's and 1x C ...was well pleased as i was only 18 :clapping: