PDA

View Full Version : Buggy Pod / triple ???

Little Pickles
04-03-2012, 08:54 PM
Hi I am after some advice please.
I have a double nipper at the moment which I love as we do lots of walking and I like that fact that the children are side by side but I need a triple buggy really as all my big kids are moving on soon
I have looked at the T3 jogger which would be my choice but I can't afford it so I was wondering about selling my nipper for a tandam one in front of the other and getting a buggy pod
Has anyone done this or does anyone else have any ideas please??
Many thanks in advance

blue bear
04-03-2012, 09:34 PM
I found the t3 jogger too heavy as I live at the top of a hill and couldn't manage it(borrowed from d/o). I got a buggy pod on the side of my p&t sport and it worked wonderfully. Doesn't take long for lo to get to stage where they can take turns in walking so didn't need it long. The buggy pod doesn't lay back as such so no good for younger child or a sleeping child.

marnieb
05-03-2012, 07:36 AM
I loved my buggypod, - but as soon as mindees got to be bigger, the weight of them on it was awful and it used to pull to the side. If you do a lot of walking, then I'd consider a triple, but again, the weight of three kids in a row is very heavy!!!!!!!!

MaffAnna
05-03-2012, 11:25 AM
I had 8m, a 11m and a 15m mindees one day a week. (Yes, variation in place) I found a ring sling really good to let us get out and about.

All of the mindees loved it because they were close to me and it gave them a different perspective. OH loved it because it wasn't another pram (!).

I'd never used a sling before but found it really easy to get on with and never had a problem with my back etc (touch wood). Even if you try it and hate it it isn't an expensive mistake. Try searching on ebay for ring sling or mei tai.
HTH

mummyMia
05-03-2012, 02:24 PM
I have a buggypod but have only used it a few times because it was soooo heavy to push. I really hate it! I would love a triple but don't have the storage space and don't want to spend the money. At the moment I am just about managing with a buggyboard on the back of my P&T.

Vickster
05-03-2012, 09:52 PM
I have a P and T with a Lascal buggy board on as I have three under three for the three days that I work.

jadavi
19-05-2012, 04:32 AM
How does a buggy board go on the back if a phil and teds? Where do they hold on?
I'm not happy with a smurph buggy pod on my p and t sports. It seems to roll away from the pushchair and they look like they are falling out. Plus the rainhood is far too low down for even a one year old.
Not sure what to do now as I need a triple. Very bummed as have invested a lot in this p and r already.