PDA

View Full Version : jane powertwin

alwaysright
04-03-2012, 06:31 PM
hi all, i looking for a new twin buggy and someone local to me is selling one for £40, i messaged her and she said its in good condition and has a rainhood, my question is what are these prams like?? is £40 a good price and do they fold quite small?? thanks in advance :)

miffy
04-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Ididn't like them when I tried one out but £40 sounds an absolute bargain if it's in good condition

Miffy xx

Twinkles
04-03-2012, 06:35 PM
I LOVE my Jane powertwin. It is extremely easy to push.

It does not fold up small. It can be a bit unstable if you have it loaded to the max and have a child pulling on the side.

alwaysright
04-03-2012, 06:49 PM
thanks for replies! i was really looking for a side by side as that will defo fit in my boot-i have a sharan so very little boot space. the pram looks ok but the house in the background looks a bit manky!! does that sound bad!! so just wondering whether you can strip it all down and wash it properly or is it just a wipe over?!

Twinkles
04-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Ah ! My powertwin is a tandem so I have no experience of the side by side sorry.

alwaysright
04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
twinkles can you strip them down to wash them?? this one is a tandem as well

anna
04-03-2012, 07:57 PM
yes you can the seats are attached by pop fasteners and i put mine in the bath and scrub them the hoods just push in as well. and though none of it fits in the washing machine its the easiest pushchair i have ever had to keep clean.

and if you are willing to take the wheels off it fits in the boot of a corsa!

alwaysright
05-03-2012, 01:38 PM
thanks for replies! i actually bought the pram and the house was much worse than i expected!! the pram was proper dirty so i stripped it down, hubbie scrubbed the frame, hoods, rain hood and i actually took the seats to the launderette and put them in the machine! they have come up really good but cant figure out how to get the back hood on properly!! it has slotted back in but there are two poppers and i cant find where the go into!! when its dry i then have to figure out how to fold it!!
oh and how do the wheels come off?? thanks!!