PDA

View Full Version : How many changes of clothing for toilet training?

nipper
04-03-2012, 10:44 AM
Last week must have been a one off...at least I hope so. Both my 2 and 3 yr old mindees had a spate of wetting themselves at will. Both mindees only had a couple of changes of clothes, including socks. By the time I got to the last set with the 25 month old I felt that I had to wash her other ones just in case she continued having accidents. I don't want to start doing this on a regular basis because I have laundry of my own to do. On friday, the three year old only had another change of clothes which she subsequently wet so I had to find a pair of my own daughters jogging bottoms for her to wear. We had to go on the school run and thought the other parents might have raised eyebrows if I turned up with her just wearing a pull-up.:laughing:

Think I might have to mention it in my newsletter...

appleblossom
04-03-2012, 12:57 PM
If I was caring for children having so many "accidents" I would question whether they were really ready for toilet training.

Do they say when they need to go or do you have to constantly ask/remind them? If it's the latter maybe they are just not ready.

The Juggler
04-03-2012, 12:58 PM
lots! at least two pairs of bottoms, but parents always seem to forget spare socks and shoes too. and lots and lots of spare pants

little chickee
04-03-2012, 01:06 PM
I would say at least 3 changes of clothes including vests and t-shirts.
I have had lo's who manage to get their t-shirts wet too!! Not sure how!

But i agree that if a child actually needs 3-4 changes then they are not really ready.

nipper
04-03-2012, 01:17 PM
The three yr old is normally very good, but parents have asked to increase her days with me from 2-4 days and I have since found out from her mum that she is very very mardy when doesn't get her own way. Only hope this isn't linked. She wet herself on the school run, despite me asking her if she wanted a wee before we set off. Next time I think I will physically lift her on myself.

As for the two year old, she started toilet training (according to mum) before christmas when she turned 2 (I personally think this is very early) my own dd was 2.5 yrs and it was summer time too. She has been attending a nursery full time 5 days a week and 'apparently' has been doing very well, and is also about to increase her days with me form one to three days per week. As I explained to mum, there is only one of me and I have other children to think about, not like in a nursery where there are lots of adults around to take her to the toilet...hmm, we shall see!

fluff1975
04-03-2012, 01:32 PM
Might be worth asking for a couple of sets of clothes to keep at yours, in addition to a couple of changes in their bags. I recently passed on a ton of my daughters' clothes but kept some back for mindees, just in case.

francinejayne
04-03-2012, 05:08 PM
the 2.5 year old mindee that I care for has 2 sets of trousers, undies and socks that I keep at my house, plus mum sends another 2 sets each day in his bag. The 2 sets that I keep at my house are old clothes that mum doesn't particularly care about, and if he has an accident here I either put his clothes in my wash if I am doing one (I seem to do one most days!) or I bag things up and send them home at the end of the day.

Playmate
04-03-2012, 05:23 PM
I find children get engrossed in play and leave it too late. With mine I tend to stop what we are doing every now and then and do a loo trip :D I know others will think this wrong, but it saves the accidents or going backwards into nappies :panic: Mine all have to go before going out, I always do and always have done :laughing:

catminder
04-03-2012, 06:13 PM
I find children get engrossed in play and leave it too late. With mine I tend to stop what we are doing every now and then and do a loo trip :D I know others will think this wrong, but it saves the accidents or going backwards into nappies :panic: Mine all have to go before going out, I always do and always have done :laughing:

I do this as well :)

miffy
04-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Mine all have to go before going out, I always do and always have done :laughing:

So do I! (sorry, tmi :blush:)

I agree with you about children getting engrossed in what they're doing and forgetting to go - I have a four year old who has the occasional accident because they just leave it too late.

Miffy xx