PDA

View Full Version : Which double buggy?

Natternic
04-03-2012, 08:57 AM
Hauxk freerider Looking for reviews of this buggy?

What doubles do you have? Did you buy second hand or brand new?

stargazer1
04-03-2012, 10:02 AM
I had a side by side from mothercare which I really did not get on with. Hard to steer, didnt fit through doorways etc. I then bought a Graco Stadium Duo from ebay for £30. I love it!! Its a tandem so no wider than a normal buggy. Steers well, huge shopping basket underneath. I know there are much smaller tandems out there, it is quite a size but when you have two toddler they need more room. I see some childminders with tiny tandems with a baby in the back which is fine but really cant see thow they would comfortably fit two toddlers. There are much nicer more expensive prams out there, but for me its cheap, cheerful and does the job perfectly.

PixiePetal
04-03-2012, 11:33 AM
I have a mountain buggy twin terrain - second hand from ebay, great for country walks and getting muddy

P&T classic - good for taking on bus and in town, bought new

Jane Twin Two tandem - ebay again, hardly used and now for sale as better for town and we have moved to countryside :rolleyes:. Like Amydan10 said, another not small tandem but good for all ages.

Have had umbrella fold doubles in the past and they were good to fold and store but always gave me a bad back with the hills round here:rolleyes: like a tank with 2 big toddlers in uphill!

jumping j
04-03-2012, 11:40 AM
I've got a second hand mothercare double, front and back one, huge basket underneath so I can fit loads of stuff in, easy to manuver and not too heavy even with two 2yo in it!
I did have a graco side by side but could never get it through any doors!:panic:
Both were second hand but in really good condition

loopyloopy
04-03-2012, 02:05 PM
my dh paid 480 for my new p&t vibe double. Its FAB, i love it. Had a mothercare side by side and it was awful - too heavy, couldnt fit through doors, then I had a nipper 360 but couldnt get it through my gate without folding it down, never though of this when buying :blush: and now with my p&t everything is much easier, however will be selling it soon when i give up cming

Natternic
04-03-2012, 05:07 PM
Thanks for the replies, I have a mother are tandem given to me by a friend, which I have been using for one baby, now this week I had a 2yr old toddler start with me and it was a real struggle pushing it around. If im honest, I haven't really got the money to buy a new one, and husband would go mad! But really love Phil and teds they are a dream to push compared to this monster. I will struggle on till I see a bargain

fionamal
04-03-2012, 05:49 PM
I have the Jane Powertwin and love it. So easy to push and fits through all doors unlike the sidebysides. Have had several doubles in the past and this is far by the best yet.

miffy
04-03-2012, 05:56 PM
I have the nipper 360 and I love it - easy to push and steer, turns on a sixpence.

Miffy xx

kellib
04-03-2012, 06:48 PM
I also have the nipper 360 and I love it, it's a dream to push, can easily push it one handed with 2 heavy toddlers in it, my 6 year old can even push it easily up hills etc, it literally just glides along :laughing:

Nicky
05-03-2012, 08:03 AM
I have had a few doubles, but lately invested in the nipper 360, its by far the best double, light and easy to push, its a dream!