PDA

View Full Version : Would Ofsted let me do this?

claire250182
03-03-2012, 07:10 PM
I have my first mindee starting in April (a 3 year old girl) who will just be with me 3 mornings a week and I will drop her at nursery at 12.30pm. I have just had an enquiry for a 2 year old girl 3 days a week (12-5pm). I can only have one child under 5 as I have my own two girls. Do you think Ofsted would let me have this 2 year old, bearing in mind I will have the 2 and 3 year old at the same time and will be over my numbers for 30 mins. My partner is registered as my assistant but he will be at work during these times. Any idea? Thanks x

dette
03-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Can you start the second child on days that dont clash for a little while then apply for variation on continuity

sarah707
03-03-2012, 10:18 PM
They only tend to say yes to variations for continuity of care.

However there's nothing to stop you applying! :D

claire250182
04-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Thank you. What is a variation for continuation? x

sarah707
04-03-2012, 09:29 AM
Thank you. What is a variation for continuation? x

Continuation of care means you already have a child on your books and, in order to ensure s/he can stay with you, you need to stretch your ratios to accommodate changing needs.

For example you care for Jane on a Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday you are full with other children which is fine until Jane's mum announces her shifts have changed and she needs Thursdays now.

You complete a variation form for Ofsted asking for a change of the conditions of your registration to allow you to care for Jane on a Thursday because you want to ensure continuation of care (stability for Jane).

Hth :D

claire250182
04-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Continuation of care means you already have a child on your books and, in order to ensure s/he can stay with you, you need to stretch your ratios to accommodate changing needs.

For example you care for Jane on a Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday you are full with other children which is fine until Jane's mum announces her shifts have changed and she needs Thursdays now.

You complete a variation form for Ofsted asking for a change of the conditions of your registration to allow you to care for Jane on a Thursday because you want to ensure continuation of care (stability for Jane).

Hth :D

Brill, thanks Sarah. I will ring Ofsted tomorrow and see. The two girls would only be together for 30 mins in the car. It would be a case of picking the two year old up then dropping the 3 year old at nursery. Thanks for your help x

munch149
04-03-2012, 12:45 PM
I really don't foresee them saying no to this. When I was newly registered they allowed me a variation for 2 under ones as their times clashed. It's only for half hour. The only thing I will say is beware it will be hard doing a drop off at nursery with all these children and make sure the parent dropping off a 12 kniw they can't be late as you may have to leave to pick up other child. Even if school is close, it will take a good 10 mins to get all children organised in buggies or car seats to get there.

Rubybubbles
04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
you can only ask:)

I had a varition for the same 30 mins cross over twice a week when I first started childminding