PDA

View Full Version : parent just pushing it too far...big rant

dette
03-03-2012, 02:31 PM
I have a parent who is consistanly late to drop off and collect every day.He should be here by 7 20 and is usually 7 45.I then have to do her breakfast ,teeth and hair,If she's is on time i can have her all done and dusted while my own kids eat their breakfast.When shes late i end up doin her hair while getting a house full of kids ready to leave for school.Hes also 5 or 10 min late every day collecting too.He walks from work so no traffic to contend with ....Last night he should have been here at 6 20.by 6 40 i sent a text asking if there was a problem,no reply.he arrived at 650 with a bag of beer cans in his hand.I told him he should have let me know if he was going to be late and he would have known by 10 past that he wouldnt be here in time,"sorry no credit on phone,I should have rang from work,awquard customer that i thought was undercover inspector so didnt want to tell him to leave"...i did my best stern face..THEN this morning(i do every other saturday for him reluctanly but at enhanced rate that sort of makes up for it)This morning he arrives ten minutes early.Iwas lying down on my bed chatting to my little boys when the door knocked.I ignored it for 5 min but he got louder and louder.I gave in and answered"you're early i was still on the loo" i said. Oh i was organised he said.Then left...A school wouldnt let kids in early or keep them late ..do i have stupid written on my forehead grrrrr:angry:

sarah707
03-03-2012, 03:30 PM
I think you need to sit down and go through your contract and check that the hours etc are right for him.

If not, then make adjustments to both hours and money.

Don't get mad... get the paperwork on your side :laughing:

Hth :D

The Juggler
03-03-2012, 03:33 PM
this is one of those times a sit down chat is needed.

if he turns up late, breakfast will be rushed. You should not be doing her hair :panic: he can do that.

late pick ups affect your family/free time. from now on unless pre-arranged or an emergency, no late pick ups and if there are they will be charged at £5 for every 15 minutes. Then say with a cheeky grin, and certainly no late pick ups becaues of a beer stop (just so he knows your on to him).

put your foot down hon.

claire & steve
03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Is there such a thing as undercover ofsted inspectors then ????

dette
03-03-2012, 07:04 PM
this is one of those times a sit down chat is needed.

if he turns up late, breakfast will be rushed. You should not be doing her hair :panic: he can do that.
late pick ups affect your family/free time. from now on unless pre-arranged or an emergency, no late pick ups and if there are they will be charged at £5 for every 15 minutes. Then say with a cheeky grin, and certainly no late pick ups becaues of a beer stop (just so he knows your on to him).
put your foot down hon.

He's a single dad and bless her you should see what she looks like when he does it.She's badly in need of hair cut and its totaly wild.Couldnt let her go to school like that.I dont have her on wednsdays anymore so when i see her at school(same nursery class as my DS3)she has the same hair style that i put in the day before,He trys but ...well you know.Just want to make not having mammy around a bit easier for her.

i think the beer thing was the icing on the cake .like not only am i late my beer is more important than you !!!

dette
03-03-2012, 07:07 PM
He arrived tonight,an hour early(arranged that this morning)and gave me £50 off this months bill(not due till end of month)..Guilty concience me thinks.
I will arrange a little meeting.Would rather know my hours even if its just so i can have a wee when i want one instead of thinking,"cant go yet parent coming any second..15 min later ...still need wee !!! ahhh

Tealady
03-03-2012, 07:23 PM
.Would rather know my hours even if its just so i can have a wee when i want one instead of thinking,"cant go yet parent coming any second..15 min later ...still need wee !!! ahhh

You too then :laughing:

tess1981
04-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Don't get mad... get the paperwork on your side :laughing:

Hth :D

love this :)

dette
05-03-2012, 07:26 PM
Dad arrived 25 min late this morning(looked like he had just got up and ran off in the direction of work after a very very brief handover) and 5 min late collecting.i sugested that we move start and finish times forward by 10 min and he very happily agreed.new contract being written tonight x thanks for the advice xx

miffy
05-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Glad you've sorted it amicably. Hope he sticks to new times

Miffy xx

dette
05-03-2012, 07:53 PM
not likely but i get an extra ten of faffing around time in the morning now and ten minutes of not wondering how late he'll be at night for no less money..should be ok .i hope

The Juggler
05-03-2012, 10:12 PM
sounds like a good compromise :)