PDA

View Full Version : under charging myself

suzy:-)
03-03-2012, 12:52 PM
hey folkes,i have a contract up for re-newell (thank god) as been under charging by £70 odd pounds a month

firstly its my fault for being to soft in the beginning but so not to interfere with school runs i said i would waver the first half hour fee if she dropped child off early ( its also benefits her cos she takes her older one to school and then goes to work herself for 9.am)

secondly the pick up time agreed is not pick up time ,its the time she finishes work then obviously another 15 mins for her to get to me , so 45 mins every session is unpaid , i dont think they will be happy and im not sure how im going to say something :panic: but that is a lot of unpaid hours
any advice greatfully recieved x x

peppa Pig
03-03-2012, 12:57 PM
do a contract review, ask what hours she needs, why not offer for little one to be dropped at school to you rather than coming to you early?

when she say x til x say oh that's different to the old contracted hours so I will re calculate the monthly fee and let you know new amount.

sarah707
03-03-2012, 10:24 PM
as peppa pig advises if the contract is not fit for purpose then a review is the way to go.

Good luck! :D

miffy
03-03-2012, 11:30 PM
I think meeting her at school is a good idea as long as that suits you.

I don't think there's an easy way to broach this so just say you need to review the contract and must charge for the hours you are caring for the child.

Good luck

Miffy xx

samb
04-03-2012, 09:35 PM
If you are worried about the confrontation you could devise a "contract review form" and give it to her saying that as she is due her contract review soon you need to know some basics such as contracted hours needed and maybe put a few questions on there to help improve your service too and possibly use in a compliments book etc...

Then she has specifically written it down and it will be much easier to then change the contracted hours. If she writes in the current contract times then you could ask her if she is hoping to meet you at the school and if she is finishing work early to accomodate the change in contracted times? Do you charge when parents are late/outside of contracted hours usually? If so just say that if these are the hours she wishes to have in her contract then please remember unarranged fees are charged at xxx rate and then make sure if she drops early/collects late that you add to her bill. If she queries it you can point her back to the review and ask if she wants to reconsider the contracted hours as it will work out cheaper for her.