PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg - what sort of questions will they ask?

jw19nr
27-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Hello. I have my pre reg on thursday (was originally tomorrow but she changed it tonight). I know they will ask questions of the National Standards, but don't really know what to expect. I have read through the first book, but there are so many! I have a 5month old so don't get alot of spare time to sit and read. I have basic knowlege though as I used to work in a nursery.

What did they ask you at your pre reg?

Do I really need to know it all, even though its all going to change in a few september?

angeldelight
28-05-2008, 06:57 AM
It will be very informal so dont panic

They will ask how you would ensure the safety of a child in your care - hygiene questions - child protection - healthy eating

Do you have any policies that you have typed up ?
If not have a look at the Bromley website and maybe you could just write a list from there so you show that you understand what you need

http://www.bromleycma.org.uk/policies/policies_and_procedures.html

Also what measures are you going to be taking if you havent already done so about safety in your home? Gates - locks etc etc

Most of it is common sense

They are there to help and advise you though that is the whole purpose of their visit

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

miffy
28-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Just wanted to wish you good luck for tomorrow

I'm sure you will be fine

miffy xx

LittleAcorns
28-05-2008, 07:38 AM
Hiya, good luck.....it is very informal, as already said, dont forget to let us know how it went when you get a chance x

caza
28-05-2008, 07:51 AM
Good luck :thumbsup: I'm sure it wont be as bad as you think. Even though I am dreading my pre reg visit too!

karenjoy
28-05-2008, 09:58 AM
I have mine at 1.00pm today so will write a report up afterwards!!!

angeldelight
28-05-2008, 10:09 AM
Good luck Karen

Angel xx