PDA

View Full Version : citreon grand picaso or volxwagan touran?

lulubelle
03-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Well after trying just about every type of 7 dearer to get reasonable priced insurance I have come up with these too, any good/bad points/recomdations?

Rachael's stars
03-03-2012, 10:16 AM
even though vw's tend to be a bit more pricy if i had the choice id pick a vw there fab quality and well made cars, weve had a vw for a few yrs now( other halfs car :mad:) and would never consider anything else, we service it every yr and it runs sweet as a nut, im currently saving up for the same car and cannot wait to get one, getting sick of my 2dr fiesta lol... also make sure it have a service history specially a deisil otherwise it my not last as long as it could, our machanic says ours is a brilliant, well looked after car and would be very suprised if it diddnt do over 300.000k so there definatly worth the investment good luck hope this helps

hullabaloo
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I have a Renault Grand Espace for minding , like you say it is expensive to insure, but is so huge inside it does make my day to day getting six children in and out easier , and fits both double buggy and single buggy easily in the boot.
Hubby is now looking at replacing his car with a larger one - either 7 seater or estate , to use as family car, and then keep mine as soley business. This would mean no storing car seats in the house and having to fit them all in car again monday morning :jump for joy:
One of the ones we have looked at is a Citreon Picasso(Grand) they look really nice- also nice to know lower on insuranc too. Paying out far too much at the mo for two lots of expensive insurance and both cars really thirsty on fuel too. :panic:
Good luck with your search - we off to car super market this afternoon for more searching !!!!!!!

Von xxxx

mumto3
03-03-2012, 10:40 AM
My hubby said he would never have a citreon but he said vw are good and we spoke about getting a touran, they are slightly more expensive esp parts but they are better made cars apparently

lulubelle
03-03-2012, 07:43 PM
Well my bank loan got declined, I am really stressed as i currently have a 12 yr old zafira which needs at least £1000 of work as power steering is very broken, but garage didn't tell me this til they had done £400 worth of work on it! We now have £100 left in savings! I do school runs 5miles away so NEED a car!

Zoomie
03-03-2012, 08:55 PM
I have a citroen grand 4 picassa. DH used to work for citroen and he cherry picked our model (ie it had to be diesel and it is a manual gearbox).

It has been brilliant. Not had an ounce of trouble and we have had it nearly 3 years now. My only gripe is that the back seats do not give very much leg room. Probably okay for under 10s but after that, they start to get big.

Our insurance, inc business use, is £31 a month.

lulubelle
06-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Well today I ended up buying a Renault grand scenic, its an 05plate so a bit older than I wanted but was worried about getting a loan I couldnt afford to pay over the summer as I only have 1 Mindee at the mo who isn't term time only so I got this for £2500 and put it on 0% Apr credit card. It's having some work done and then I collect on thurs, can not wait as I am currently driving a zafira with broken power steering!

debbie
07-03-2012, 10:58 PM
just seen your post i have a citreon grand picasso and love it. i had a galaxy before that had vw parts and hated it every thing was going wrong on it. if i could i would get another c4 but thinking off coming out of childminding in a few years so might wait and then get a smaller car.