PDA

View Full Version : Billie bones

samkeddy
02-03-2012, 02:14 PM
Hi,
Is anyone else collecting the 'how your body works' mags? we bought the first one last week and i was like a big kid i love it!!! subscibed the next day, i cant wait for more issues to arrive, think both little ones and bigger ones will get alot from it! :D:D

Mouse
02-03-2012, 02:15 PM
I saw it but worked out it would cost something like £350 to build a plastic skeleton, so gave up on the idea!

samkeddy
02-03-2012, 02:30 PM
I agree it is abit expensive, i dont think dh is very impressed but its as much for me as the kids i think its great!!

charleyfarley
02-03-2012, 02:50 PM
We bought it last time round and yes it was a tad expensive but the children love it :thumbsup: He's even been borrowed by my childrens school for a topic they were doing, so helped them too.

The only thing is when Billy is finished they start supplying you with the skin to go on him, some of ours didn't seem to fit properly :panic:so that hasn't been put on yet.

Enjoy building him :clapping:

Carol xxx

Mouse
02-03-2012, 02:51 PM
I agree it is abit expensive, i dont think dh is very impressed but its as much for me as the kids i think its great!!

lol! I tend to buy the first issue of these mags to get the first free gift, then don't buy anymore when they're at normal price! The gift is normally something you can use anyway (the last one I got was the Dora magazine with a plate & cupcake cases), but I didn't think i'd have much use for one piece of bone with the body one!

miffy
02-03-2012, 08:37 PM
lol! I tend to buy the first issue of these mags to get the first free gift, then don't buy anymore when they're at normal price!

I do this too! :D:laughing:

Miffy xx

Helen Dempster
03-03-2012, 12:21 AM
I started collecting a similar mag called "Funny Bones" years ago when my DS was about 7 (he's 13 now) and there were soooooooo many of them, cost me an absolute fortune. I don't think I even completed the whole set. The mags and 'bits and pieces' to put together sat in bags in a cupboard for years, until eventually my now DH assembled it all. I now have a complete (near enough) skeleton (together with brain, skin, muscles etc) set up in my younger DS's bedroom and I must say, it's very good. Not sure I would do it all again though, cos it was one of those things that was good at the beginning, but got to be a pain in the bottom (and an expensive one at that). Probably be cheaper to by one off ebay :laughing:

Gherkin
03-03-2012, 07:26 AM
We did this the last time but have the benefit of getting the partwork free of charge as my husband works for the ditribution company that deals with this mag.

We stopped once the skeleton was built as the skin seemed too heavy for the bones.

We also did the t-rex skeleton aswell but again the skin was too heavy, and the skeleton was rather large.