PDA

View Full Version : getting annoyed now :(

adele1985
02-03-2012, 01:58 PM
ive been trying to log onto the online SEF for over a month now :angry:

it keeps giving the a message in red writting at the top of the page
A system error has occurred preventing completion of the requested action. Please report this problem to the helpdesk.

Ive contacted ofsted twice now and all they keep saying is log off and log bak on and it should come on

It dosent :angry:

I really want to get my SEF done

anyone had a problem gettin onto the online SEF ??

Pixie dust
02-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I know this sounds silly but you are trying to log in to the right bit as I had the same problem but I was trying to log on to the wrong bit:blush:

adele1985
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
I know this sounds silly but you are trying to log in to the right bit as I had the same problem but I was trying to log on to the wrong bit:blush:

lol that does sound like something I would do

I dont think so tho as the last email ofsted sent me had the adress on it so i clicked on it straight from the email - -still the same message came up

im i doing the right thing

I log in using the number that came in the post
then i click on the Early Years Self Evaluation from tab
The message then comes on

sarah707
02-03-2012, 02:11 PM
Try clearing your cookies ... open internet explorer / firefox or whatever you use.

Go to the tools menu... options... clear cookies.

Then do a restart and try again.

https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/OnlineOfsted/Public/GatewayGuidance.aspx

However I always advise people to do their SEF on their computers first and make sure it's backed up. Then you can copy and paste into the Ofsted website at a later time when you have free time.

Hth :D

samkeddy
02-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Try clearing your cookies ... open internet explorer / firefox or whatever you use.

Go to the tools menu... options... clear cookies.

Then do a restart and try again.

https://online.ofsted.gov.uk/OnlineOfsted/Public/GatewayGuidance.aspx

However I always advise people to do their SEF on their computers first and make sure it's backed up. Then you can copy and paste into the Ofsted website at a later time when you have free time.
Hth :D

I took this advise 18mth ago lol and saved me loads of hassle!! i could never get on proper site, so wrote it all up on computer (with the help of sarahs book of course) then when done copied and pasted when i could eventually log on, Fantastic advise:)

CH1957
02-03-2012, 04:41 PM
ive been trying to log onto the online SEF for over a month now :angry:

it keeps giving the a message in red writting at the top of the page
A system error has occurred preventing completion of the requested action. Please report this problem to the helpdesk.

Ive contacted ofsted twice now and all they keep saying is log off and log bak on and it should come on

It dosent :angry:

I really want to get my SEF done

anyone had a problem gettin onto the online SEF ??

I had this message constantly a couple of weekends again when I was doing my SEF, really frustrating! I kept logging out and going back in and it was fine but then realised it was because I was on the site for too long, as soon as I'd been on there for more than about 30 minutes the message came up.

adele1985
02-03-2012, 05:05 PM
I had this message constantly a couple of weekends again when I was doing my SEF, really frustrating! I kept logging out and going back in and it was fine but then realised it was because I was on the site for too long, as soon as I'd been on there for more than about 30 minutes the message came up.

lol ive gave up now ive printed out and ill send it to them :rolleyes: