PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner

Tatjana
01-03-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm seriously considering getting a cleaner as I'm tired of doing it all, a once a week cleaner would really help. I know I'd still have to do lots on the other 6 days but at least it would give me a breather!

I never really get the chance to do the whole house in one go and was wondering how long I'd need to have someone in for.

What do you think for cleaning kitchen; surfaces, cupboard doors, appliances, bathroom, vacumn/mop all floors, wipe down doors/skirting boards and dust everywhere for a 3 bed house? Not a tiny house but certainly not large.

Or if anyone has a cleaner please tell me how long they're there for and how much they manage to do.

Katiekoo
01-03-2012, 10:08 PM
My cleaner comes now for an hour and 15 mins, I have a small 2 bed house, she manages to steam mop kitchen and bathroom floors, bathroom, kitchen surfaces, microwave, sink etc, dusts and hoovers whole house, polishes where needed and occasionally cleans skirting. All this for £12.50, she's great! Best money I spend, dh agrees!

Go on DO IT!

Tatjana
02-03-2012, 08:09 AM
My cleaner comes now for an hour and 15 mins, I have a small 2 bed house, she manages to steam mop kitchen and bathroom floors, bathroom, kitchen surfaces, microwave, sink etc, dusts and hoovers whole house, polishes where needed and occasionally cleans skirting. All this for £12.50, she's great! Best money I spend, dh agrees!

Go on DO IT!

Sounds fab, maybe mine would take 2 hrs then. Thanks for your reply.:)

marnieb
02-03-2012, 08:10 AM
I have mine for 2.5 hrs. In this time she dusts & vacums whole house, cleans whole kitchen & bathroom inc floors, changes 3 beds and ironing for the 4 of us for a week.

Worth every single penny imo, i was close to having a mini breakdown working 5 days a week till 6 at night, then spending the whole weekend doing housework.

VeggieSausage
02-03-2012, 09:05 AM
I am thinking of getting a cleaner too, a few of my cm friends have one, most of them for 2 hours a week at £10 per hour x

sarah707
02-03-2012, 09:26 AM
Mine has just gone on maternity leave and I am missing her soooo much :panic:

You will need a CRB check from day 1 of the cleaner starting as they are classed as a 'regular visitor' even if they already have one Ofsted want another doing (I checked the other day).

I hope you find someone reliable :D

Tatjana
02-03-2012, 10:53 AM
Mine has just gone on maternity leave and I am missing her soooo much :panic:

You will need a CRB check from day 1 of the cleaner starting as they are classed as a 'regular visitor' even if they already have one Ofsted want another doing (I checked the other day).

I hope you find someone reliable :D

Sarah, did your cleaner already have a crb or is it something you asked for them to have? Just wondering how to go about it if they don't already have one.

Just re read your post, who pays for the new crb?

Thanks ladies, I'm going to ring around and ask for prices.

angeldelight
02-03-2012, 10:56 AM
oooh I would love a cleaner

Not sure I would want someone else in my house though and I bet I would end up going over everything she did :laughing:

Angel xx

ziggy
02-03-2012, 11:30 AM
I want marnie's cleaner!!!!

I have a cleaner who comes for 3 hours...........in that time she sweeps n mops all down stairs floors (3 tiled, 2 laminated) tidies n dusts living room, hoovers stairs and landing and cleans bathroom. She does do amazing job though but obviously much slower than most on here

sarah707
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM
Whether your cleaner has a CRB or not Ofsted will want them to have another - and they will pay for it.

Just fill in an EY2 form on the day they start and they will need to get it completed with references etc.

it's a faff but the guy I spoke to the other day at Ofsted said it's a must have even for 1 hour a week.

I tried to explain I wanted to try out a few cleaners before giving anyone the job - but he said they must have a CRB started on day 1 if they are in the house with children.

hth :D

Katiekoo
02-03-2012, 02:19 PM
My cleaner comes out of hours, just after I finish work while I go round the supermarket. I thought this would be ok CRB wise, she's only ever had contact with the children as they are leaving with their parents. Should she still have a CRB?

samkeddy
02-03-2012, 02:27 PM
oh!! A cleaner ill add that to my wish list!!!

mindingmummy08
02-03-2012, 03:59 PM
I am so going to make my OH get me a cleaner, he didn't get me anything for my birthday so a cleaner will do lol.

I really am drowning under the general cleaning tasks, tidying I can do. Cleaning is just impossible and I don't want to do it after 9 hours working.

Gracie's mamma
02-03-2012, 04:07 PM
slightl off track on thisone , but i'm thinking of getting an assistant and downloaded an EYform , it was massive .

Have i done the right one ????

I thiought it would be acouple of pages - it's about 30 odd ?????:panic:

funemnx
02-03-2012, 05:26 PM
slightl off track on thisone , but i'm thinking of getting an assistant and downloaded an EYform , it was massive .

Have i done the right one ????

I thiought it would be acouple of pages - it's about 30 odd ?????:panic:

Is it the EY2?

Gracie's mamma
02-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Yes it is the ey2 , and i now know it's the right form.

Thanks guys

Oh by the way my mum comes and does my cleaning , i do pay her about £40.00 every month. She comes about once a week and goes mad !! Nobody can clean like my mum :clapping:

nikki thomson
02-03-2012, 08:32 PM
I love cleaning, find it very therapeutic but ironing, hate it with a passion I would gladly pay someone to do that. X