PDA

View Full Version : Mindees in company car

NicoleW
01-03-2012, 08:27 PM
My OH has just completed his peadiatric first aid, he works for B & Q so has a company car that obviously has business insurance.

Anyway my mindee's (my new full time one!) parents gave me notice because their house buying thing fell through and they live around half an hour from me, their new house was two doors away they were gonna move.

I was thinking about offering a pickup and drop off service for free (OH can charge 10 miles a week to work so we don't pay for it and he suggested it so happy to do it).

Would the mindees be allowed to be in his car? Like I said he has his first aid now and he has a CRB check

christine e
01-03-2012, 08:39 PM
I think you would need to have B & Q check out with their insurers that they would cover your OH for business use as a childminding assistant

Cx

aly
01-03-2012, 10:25 PM
also you need to think about what if the weather turns bad, snow/ice etc or you/r cildren are ill and cant get to them...what if you ahve other children you take on and times clash ..

Tam's Tribe
02-03-2012, 06:23 AM
I agree with what Aly said . . . And for more reasons, I wouldn't do it!!

In my previous life as a marketing manager I had a company car and the business insurance was not valid if I used it for hire or reward!!!!

christine e
02-03-2012, 07:06 AM
I agree with what Aly said . . . And for more reasons, I wouldn't do it!!

In my previous life as a marketing manager I had a company car and the business insurance was not valid if I used it for hire or reward!!!!

When I first replied I hadn't read through proper I agree with Aly and Tam's Tribe I would not be offering this as a service as you are touching on the hire/reward side of things

Christine

boxtree7
02-03-2012, 07:53 AM
As far as I am aware with company vans you are not allowed to use at weekends or transport family/friends around. The ruling for company cars may be different but I would not take the chance. :panic:

tialil
02-03-2012, 08:35 AM
DH has a company car which we can use any time/any place etc , he is on 24hr call so needs it at all times. I am also insured to drive it BUT it can not be used for childminding. We looked into this and DH contacted the insurance brooker that the company uses and basically the chidren will not be insured.

Do not know if its down to the type of insurance that his company has. His insurance doesnt just cover his car but also any car belonging to the company plus any car/van etc that a customer may leave . So like him I could drive any of their cars . Best he checks with the company insurance because the last thing you need is an accident and no one is covered.

tialil
02-03-2012, 08:38 AM
As far as I am aware with company vans you are not allowed to use at weekends or transport family/friends around. The ruling for company cars may be different but I would not take the chance. :panic:

Its all down to the companies insurance. Before we had the children we had a company van and it was used whenever we wanted to. DH is on 24hr call but other staff memebers who are not on call have/had vans and they can have full use when they want to as well. ;)

JCrakers
02-03-2012, 09:48 AM
My hubbie has a company car and although I can use it for personal use, they won't allow me to use it for business. Check the insurance