PDA

View Full Version : ARRRRGHHHH.. some parents

anisha
01-03-2012, 03:40 PM
just take the biscuit! not only has this parent not paid me for 8 weeks and keeps telling me the college are sorting her money out, but now she wants me to give her reciepts so the college can refund what she has paid. All reciepts were given to her but she has lost them!! I pick her child up after school 2 afternoons and then she stays with me till 6, but today as I got to school and was waiting in the playground the mum turns up and tells me to go as she is there to pick her child up. No apology or phonecall to say she was picking her up. If I was on my own fair enough, but with a little one in the buggy too I was fuming. No consideration at all. Sorry just a bit upset as you can tell.:angry:

candy cat
01-03-2012, 05:20 PM
I would give notice.....if she hasn't paid you for 8 weeks:rolleyes: I would try and speak to college.....chase your money with them good luck x

Mollymop
01-03-2012, 05:24 PM
I know colleges can be really slow at paying money out but 2 months is ridiculous. Do they pay it to you direct or to the parent?

kellib
01-03-2012, 05:27 PM
I wouldn't be providing any more receipts, it's her own fault if she's lost them! I'd also be asking to speak to the college myself to sort out payment as going through Mum obviously isn't working.

Good luck!

angeldelight
01-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I have had this happen in the past with college

I no longer wait .... they have to pay me what ever , my parent lent the money from her mom then when her college money came through it was her money

It is not really your problem where and how she is getting the money

You just need to be paid and 8 weeks is a long time

I am not sure that I would do it, college can be slow but 8 weeks :eek:

Angel xx

adele1985
01-03-2012, 05:44 PM
just take the biscuit! not only has this parent not paid me for 8 weeks and keeps telling me the college are sorting her money out, but now she wants me to give her reciepts so the college can refund what she has paid. All reciepts were given to her but she has lost them!! I pick her child up after school 2 afternoons and then she stays with me till 6, but today as I got to school and was waiting in the playground the mum turns up and tells me to go as she is there to pick her child up. No apology or phonecall to say she was picking her up. If I was on my own fair enough, but with a little one in the buggy too I was fuming. No consideration at all. Sorry just a bit upset as you can tell.:angry:

im in the same boat hun ive been waititng for payment since the 18th of jan from a parent whos waiting for her tax credits to come through :mad:

anisha
01-03-2012, 05:58 PM
managed to get through to the college and they say that they have paid the mum. She says they are going to pay the money into my account, i'm just going round in circles. You think you're helping someone out but they just take advantage.

MAWI
01-03-2012, 06:07 PM
I would refuse any further childcare until payment is made. Then give notice, she obviously has no respect for you.