PDA

View Full Version : Water temp - how do you get it right???

sillybeans
01-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Feel a bit silly posting this question but just can't seem to get it right :blush: Feels like it should be obvious but hey ho .... not to me apparently!

I can't seem to get the temp of my water right so that it is hot enough for me to feel like the plates are getting a good clean and that my bath is hot enough but not too hot for mindee's/lo's to wash their hands.

I've played with the dial so much over the past few months, i'm suprised it hasn't fallen off!!

How do you all get it right???? V. confused :o

catlyn
01-03-2012, 03:52 PM
If the water is not too hot for LOs to wash their hands then it wont be hot enough for me to have a bath so i just turn the dial low every morning then turn it up after they go home...I have a dishwasher so dont need to wash dishes thrugh the day

dette
01-03-2012, 04:16 PM
I've had push down mixer tap fitted (like in public toilets)on my downstairs shower room sink so that
1) it cant be left running as automatically switches off and
2) i can preset to a safe temp to avoid scalds.
It wasnt expensive and is great peace of mind especially with my DS3 who loves to wash things.

rickysmiths
01-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I have mixer taps on all of my sinks.

AliceK
01-03-2012, 04:21 PM
All mine use cold water to wash their hands. It doesn't make any difference to killing germs whether they use hot or cold as long as they use soap. For hot water to be hot enough to kill germs it would have to be so hot we wouldn't be able to put our hands in it anyway.

xxxx

sillybeans
01-03-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone. Will have a look into mixer taps and go from there :)