PDA

View Full Version : Plastering almost done!

NicoleW
01-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Got the kids bedrooms upstairs plastered, hallway and stairway is being done next week.

It's going to take the man one and a half days next week to do the hallway. I want to know (obviously I've done a risk assessment) about some safety guidelines.

What if I want to go to te toilet? I can't leave the children out of my sight with a 'stranger'. I can't go out all day because nobody will be here with him

My silly landlord did it on a weekday because apparently I'm at home all the time so I can do it!

All I need now is locks on the windows upstairs and I should be able to get registered for upstairs :D

LChurch
01-03-2012, 02:38 PM
When i spoke to my inspector about that sort of thing she said that common sense needs to prevail sometimes! If you are concerned about the "safety" aspect then presume he knows you are a childminder then perhaps you could ask him to either bring CRB check with him that perhaps he has had, make a not of times of going to the loo etc or ask him just to wait outside for 2 mins, explain red tape etc! It is I guess the same at toddler groups etc when you might need to go to the loo what do you do take them with you? I have heard of CM's doing that but not advisable according to my inspector! You ask another cm to keep eye on them etc. I know that you can't obv do that in your house! Can you leave the door ajar?

miffy
02-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Take the children with you, usually at least one of mine follows me anyway! :laughing:

Miffy xx

NicoleW
03-03-2012, 07:29 AM
So there can be no issue about me in a seperate room with three children and my trousers and underwear down? :o

miffy
03-03-2012, 08:08 AM
So there can be no issue about me in a seperate room with three children and my trousers and underwear down? :o

In this job there can be issues with most things - you just do your best and use your common sense - is it safer to take the children with you than to leave them.

You could always ask the landlord to either be there himself so you can go out or rearrange for when you're not working.

Miffy xx