PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a double pushchair for only one child?

nipper
01-03-2012, 02:07 PM
I was just thinking, as I do the school run and collect my own two and a couple of others, usually I have two little ones in the double pushchair. Very occasionally in the afternoon, I might only have one little one as the other might have gone home. Sometimes I just can't be bothered to get the single out. Do any of you use your double pushchairs for just one child?

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 02:10 PM
yes hon I do when I don't have a chance to swap them. I often drop off at school too.

once I walked up my hhigh street with an empty double having dropped both children to school - must've looked like a madwoman :laughing:

linda2girls
01-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Yes, my double is easier to push than the single and there is space for all the school bags.

Linda.

Mouse
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
once I walked up my hhigh street with an empty double having dropped both children to school - must've looked like a madwoman :laughing:

lol! I've done that before!

I have one mindee who goes home at lunchtime, so if we've been out in the morning I've used the double pushchair & don't always have time (or can't be bothered :p) to swap it for the single. The children think it's a real treat when I turn up at school with an empty seat as they all through their school bags in it :laughing:

mama2three
01-03-2012, 02:22 PM
In the snow i did , the double has big bike style wheels and cut through much better !

nipper
01-03-2012, 02:24 PM
That's what I love about the chunky three wheelers, they're just so much easier to push one handed.

AliceK
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, my double is easier to push than the single and there is space for all the school bags.

Linda.

Agree :thumbsup:. I do it loads. I'm beyond caring what anyone thinks of me :laughing:

xxxx

MissTinkerbell
01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
My double converts to a single but i don't always take the back seat off - depends if we are late leaving or not!

onceinabluemoon
01-03-2012, 04:32 PM
yes, I drop one LO off on the way to pick up another from preschool so have only one in a buggy when we get there, used to get some odd looks but now they're used to it.

charleyfarley
01-03-2012, 05:43 PM
I often use the phil and teds just for one child, it's easier and more comfy than my single.

I also have to walk home with an empty double as collection is made at school. I wonder what people think about me pushing an empty double, mind you I had had the odd sarcy comment that I've forgotten the babies :rolleyes:

Carol xx

watgem
01-03-2012, 08:11 PM
afraid so, I used to put bag covered in a coat with hood pulled down to look like a sleepy baby but I don't worry any more lol

dette
01-03-2012, 08:21 PM
afraid so, I used to put bag covered in a coat with hood pulled down to look like a sleepy baby but I don't worry any more lol

:laughing::laughing:

LChurch
01-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Constantly do the same, most people know that I am a cm and never know how many children I have or where I pick them up etc! Does help at the end of term if my kids come out with lots of stuff they have made!

dette
01-03-2012, 08:23 PM
wish i had a pound for every time i hear " oo i think you've lost one " yes ...im laughing...funny ..not

onceinabluemoon
01-03-2012, 08:27 PM
wish i had a pound for every time i hear " oo i think you've lost one " yes ...im laughing...funny ..not

I just say stuff like haha funny, haven't heard that one before and smile sweetly