PDA

View Full Version : Settling in

JCrakers
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM
I am so pleased when I get new families who sign, it really boosts the confidence but then I always forget how hard the first few weeks can be.
I have a 12m old who is the cutest thing .hes been coming since beg jan and still needs to be held..its wearing me out.
He won't go down on the floor without crying like he's hurt himself so I have sat him in the high chair so he can see me whilst im in the kitchen as i cant hold him whilst making lunch.
Earlier I was trying to change another mindees nappy and he was so upset and reaching through the gate trying to grab me..poor chap..he managed to grab my jumper and was fine then once he had hold of me...lol. He's fine when I hold him, happy as larry :D
I have two others so can't always hold him..like when I need a wee or someone wants a drink.
Hope he settles soon...phew
Good job I've got a bottle of gin so I can have a nice g&t after work :D

blue bear
01-03-2012, 09:34 PM
What about giving him one of your jumpers to hold when you need to move to give him comfort?
I always start them off on my knee, then on the floor between my legs, then next to me and gradually move further and further away until confidence builds. Sometimes sitting in the buggy gives them some security when they have to be left (nappy changing, toilet etc)

Tatjana
01-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Gosh I know what you mean. I've had a baby start this week and to be fair lo is settling better than expected but yes it's soooo tiring and also unsettling for the others already here...they're crying along with the new one lol!!

Sorry no ideas but can sympathise.:)