PDA

View Full Version : Me Time sessions

Milli147
01-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Hiya, I got this idea from a post someone wrote yesterday, (thank you forum!) and I have been thinking about it ever since. I would like to know if anyone does anything similar, if there are any reasons why I shouldn't, and what I need to consider!

I am thinking of advertising Me Time sessions, where mum can drop LO off for 1,2, or 3 hours, for a hair/docs/dentist appt or shopping or gym etc. I would charge a higher rate than for my contracted mindees, and would only do it on the days I currently don't work.

I think it could be great, as I currently only work 2/3 days a week, with 3 mindees, and don't actually want to take on any more full days. Plus it seems a good way to line up potential future mindees.

I spoke to a mum of a past mindee this morning and she thinks the demand will definitely be there, so I'm ready to go for it.....what do you think?? Any advice gratefully received!

Ps, my only real concern is that the child will have no settling in time - but then neither would they in a creche at a gym....how would that work?? :panic:

sillysausage
01-03-2012, 01:57 PM
Sounds like a good idea. I would imagine you would need a certain amount of paperwork.....contact details, any medical history you need to be aware of etc and some form of temporary contract. I'm sure others will be on to offer better advise on what you may need to do.

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 02:00 PM
great idea hon. i did similar myself before, xmas shopping, interviews, training courses etc but no take up for me sadly :(.

I agree with the above though there would be quite a lot of paperwork for possibly a one off sessions, I would def. have an initial fee to cover paperwork (and to make it worthwhile for them to come back again with a lesser fee second time).:thumbsup:

Milli147
01-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes, I was wondering about paperwork. Do you mean like a registration fee to cover admin, good idea. No one is going to want to fill out reams of forms, so I was thinking about doing my own form (will NCMA still cover me if it's not all on one of theirs? Or do I need one of those short term forms?)
If I did my own it would be name, address, contact tel no, date of birth, parent name, contact tel, emergency contact, medical/dietary needs/allergies. Have I missed anything?
I wouldn't be taking them out so I guess I don't need permissions and stuff, except maybe plasters, suncream etc.
I was thinking of cash on arrival, not collection, for obvious reasons. :roll eyes:
but then what if they're late? Argh the more I think about this.....! :eek:

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 02:29 PM
i would do all the normal forms and contracts hon tbh. maybe use a short term contract.

if you have lots of these children coming and goign you don't want to be stuck in all day, not use the garden.

Try and create some succint permission forms maybe to cover what you will do but don't work without contracts. I used to use all my own forms when I used NCMA contracts. :thumbsup:

Milli147
01-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Thanks, thats really helpful. Just noticed you're in Surrey - whereabouts are you? Am suprised you had no take up, or maybe I am going to be disappointed...:rolleyes:

AliceK
01-03-2012, 02:46 PM
great idea hon. i did similar myself before, xmas shopping, interviews, training courses etc but no take up for me sadly :(.

I agree with the above though there would be quite a lot of paperwork for possibly a one off sessions, I would def. have an initial fee to cover paperwork (and to make it worthwhile for them to come back again with a lesser fee second time).:thumbsup:

Same here. No take-up for me either.

xxx

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 02:46 PM
I'm in Sutton hon. where are you?

Milli147
01-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Near Guildford, am hoping all the yummy mummies will go for this lol!

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Near Guildford, am hoping all the yummy mummies will go for this lol!

they just might honey. good luck. very afluent in guildford :clapping:

Milli147
01-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Aww lets hope so, am feeling a bit disillusioned now lol! Still, nothing to lose, am always optimistic! :)