PDA

View Full Version : just submitted my SEF

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 01:28 PM
well just pressed send :eek: hope it doesn't generate an inspection.

I was due on in Feb this year as had one Feb 2009 but I've been told the 3 year cycle 2009/12 doesn't end until September this year.

Anyway it's done now. Been updating it for ages, keeping notes of all my changes. just feels good to get it out of the way :p

Mollymop
01-03-2012, 01:33 PM
I shoul dreally get on and finish my sef, I was due November but have been told ofsted are prioristing all new childminders and ones that haven't been insepcted since the eyfs came in Sept 2008 - so we are not likely to get one til after this Sept when the new EYFS comes in.

I just want my over and done with now while I have the motivation!

Joda
01-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Well done! It's a great relief when you click on the 'send' button.

Although tbh I don't know why we bother with the SEF - my inspection is next week and when the inspector rang to arrange it last week she asked me to fill my SEF in - I told her I'd submitted it a couple of months ago. I asked if she would read it before she came to inspect me and she said she would if she had time!

I just feel it was a total waste of time and effort if she doesn't read it as I feel I'm constantly evaluating my practice anyway without filling in Ofsted paperwork!

sarah707
01-03-2012, 06:28 PM
A childminder local to me was told she wouldn't get more than satisfactory without a SEF... and that was only last week.

They should read it - if they don't then you should complain! :(

The Juggler
01-03-2012, 07:04 PM
A childminder local to me was told she wouldn't get more than satisfactory without a SEF... and that was only last week.

They should read it - if they don't then you should complain! :(

i'll sit them down with a shotgun to their head Sarah until they've read every word :laughing::laughing:

Linda Mc
01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
:clapping:[QUOTE=sarah707;1063510]A childminder local to me was told she wouldn't get more than satisfactory without a SEF... and that was only last week.

They should read it - if they don't then you should complain!

I didn't have time to complete my SEF before my first graded inspection today, I explained the reasons why to the OFSTED inspector, she was fine but asked me lots more questions than she may have if I'd completed my SEF.

I got a Good grading at the end of the inspection so I was well chuffed! :clapping:

Tatjana
01-03-2012, 09:44 PM
I didn't fill in a SEF and I got a GOOD grading.

anita howarth
01-03-2012, 10:43 PM
well just pressed send :eek: hope it doesn't generate an inspection.

I was due on in Feb this year as had one Feb 2009 but I've been told the 3 year cycle 2009/12 doesn't end until September this year.

Anyway it's done now. Been updating it for ages, keeping notes of all my changes. just feels good to get it out of the way :p

my third inspection last week , i said oh dear i`ve not had any time to fill in my SEF in she said not to bother just have all your files ready, i did she came we all had tea and biscuits , played and she gave me a good and left ..... it wasnt as quick as all that but the SEF she didnt seem to worry about. good job i didnt spend ageson it:eek:

Carol M
02-03-2012, 02:55 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;1063510]A childminder local to me was told she wouldn't get more than satisfactory without a SEF... and that was only last week.

Well, with that in mind and the comments of Sir Michael whatever his name is, I think I will retire before my next inspection! ( was due Jan 12) I am slowly losing the will to childmind!!
Carol xx

miffy
02-03-2012, 08:50 PM
i'll sit them down with a shotgun to their head Sarah until they've read every word :laughing::laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Miffy xx

The Juggler
02-03-2012, 10:29 PM
[QUOTE=sarah707;1063510]A childminder local to me was told she wouldn't get more than satisfactory without a SEF... and that was only last week.

Well, with that in mind and the comments of Sir Michael whatever his name is, I think I will retire before my next inspection! ( was due Jan 12) I am slowly losing the will to childmind!!
Carol xx

after having read that thread, I'm with you Carol :panic:

Joda
03-03-2012, 08:32 AM
Just found this statement on a letter from Ofsted regarding the SEF:
"Inspectors will use the self-evaluation form as part of their preparation for inspection".

So, if my inspector hasn't had time to read mine before she comes to inspect me then I will definitely be putting in a complaint!