PDA

View Full Version : Need a dropside cot?

jadavi
01-03-2012, 09:34 AM
Hi. I have a summertime of napping little ones coming up and I was thinking of installing a permanent cot in my sitting room behind the chairs. I have a travel cot but wondered if a dropside wooden one would be more practical as it's higher (less distance to put baby down maybe less interruptive, also can store stuff there when not in use.
Free up my hallway for the sit and ride guys and not use their buggies to sleep but put the buggies outside.
Wondered if others prefer to use a proper cot and why?

Cheers
Ja

littletreasures
01-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I bought a wooden cot in Ikea for £35 to have in my dining room alcove.http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/00115751/

It isn't a dropside one, but has two levels for the base. It is really lovely and I much prefer it to the travel cot I had there. I like to have babies under a year downstairs when they sleep.

jadavi
01-03-2012, 06:15 PM
Thanks that one looks lovely.
I was wondering whether people prefer real cots in their setting Takes up more space I guess....

Monkey26
01-03-2012, 07:06 PM
I have always used travel cots, pushchairs, beds or sofas... Simply because babies don't stay babies and you never know when you are going to be caring for one - I have two travel cots and both have been stored on top of my wardrobe for 18 months due to all children being 2yrs or above!! Each to their own though, if you have the space and are happy for it to be there 24/7 then go for it :-) xx