PDA

View Full Version : Parental feedback for Learning Journeys

johanna77
29-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Hi

Just wondering does everybody get parental feedback from learning journeys and if so how is this presented. I'm trying to show that I value parents opinions, suggestions and I am want to work in partnership with them, but make this appealing so the forms are filled in and suggestions are made regarding their childs development and how they found the learning journey and was it informative etc.
:)

miffy
29-02-2012, 08:45 PM
I just have a sheet that says "This is what xxx thinks about my learning journey" and a space for comments - it can be filled in with the child's thoughts as well as the parents.

Miffy xx

EmmaReed84
29-02-2012, 08:48 PM
I do assessment every 6-8 weeks for really young mindees and every 8-12 for the slightly older one with a section for parents comments, parents also sign it to say they have read it.

I also add post it notes with comments parents have made, ideas they have come up with, things they have asked me to help with, WOW moments the child has had at home etc.

Working in partnership does not all have to be written either, when Mrs O visited me I was just putting certain things into place and was talking about how I put in to practise "partnershipe with parents" by talking to them and although I only got a satisfactory overall I got good for this aspect

miffy
29-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Working in partnership does not all have to be written either, when Mrs O visited me I was just putting certain things into place and was talking about how I put in to practise "partnershipe with parents" by talking to them and although I only got a satisfactory overall I got good for this aspect

I agree with you Emma, but some inspectors are only interested in written evidence.

Miffy xx