suzy:-)
29-02-2012, 07:05 PM
hi again , i seem to have a few questions today
does everyone send invoices ?
do u have to?
x x

winstonian
29-02-2012, 07:16 PM
I only invoice 2 of my parents - the others all work out their own money and just pay me (then I try and remember to give them receipts):blush:

miss mopple
29-02-2012, 07:23 PM
I invoice monthly. I use a template on my pc and email them to save on paper :thumbsup:

29-02-2012, 07:44 PM
I invoice monthly. I use a template on my pc and email them to save on paper :thumbsup:

hi what happens when its a five week month , i know it sounds a daft question but all my parents are weekly , and this will be new to me
x x x

29-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I only invoice 2 of my parents - the others all work out their own money and just pay me (then I try and remember to give them receipts):blush:

yes thats what happends with me now, they all just pay me weekly , i try as much as i can to keep paperwork to a minimum , everyone seems happy so far but reading a few posts on here makes me look very unprofessional :blush:lol x

miss mopple
29-02-2012, 07:48 PM
I invoice 1st-31st mth so just count up the contracted days. Makes it nice and simple for accounting then too

jumping j
29-02-2012, 07:51 PM
One pays me weekly so I leave it to her to work out.
I invoice the other 3, I have set up an excel document that does all the adding up for me. I invoice from 1st to last day of each month so the invoices will go out tonight/tomorrow.

29-02-2012, 07:56 PM
One pays me weekly so I leave it to her to work out.
I invoice the other 3, I have set up an excel document that does all the adding up for me. I invoice from 1st to last day of each month so the invoices will go out tonight/tomorrow.

wow sounds good, but for me complicated , is it easy to do , i really need to pull my finger out i think , but i get paid in advence ??

samb
29-02-2012, 08:06 PM
I do my invoices monthly too, doesn't make a difference how many weeks as they invoice is made up 1st to end of month, it is issued week before end of month and must be paid by 1st of the month (so in advance). If they use extra hours or need late fees etc added on then I put it on following month and so that part I get paid in arrears. Hope that makes sense?!

29-02-2012, 08:09 PM
I do my invoices monthly too, doesn't make a difference how many weeks as they invoice is made up 1st to end of month, it is issued week before end of month and must be paid by 1st of the month (so in advance). If they use extra hours or need late fees etc added on then I put it on following month and so that part I get paid in arrears. Hope that makes sense?!

yes it does thanks very much :) x x

littlecheeks
29-02-2012, 08:15 PM
yes i do every 4 weeks, i only work term time so works out easiest for me. mainly do it for my own records as well.

nessynoodle
29-02-2012, 09:43 PM
I also have an excel spreadsheet (I have to admit someone else made it for me) but it is brilliant. I put in the month then the hours the child has done (new tab for each child) and it works it all out. It is so much easier as I can add holiday and it works out the price, days off, my minimum morning and afternoon fee and food, then creates the invoice for me! It is complicated to set up but when it is done its so much easier.....I can't cope with 6 or more invoices with different hours, different rates depending on agreements, different days off, babysitting on top, bank holidays here and there, etc etc etc. So much easier......find a useful excel expert!!! I tried to work it out myself a few times and undercharged!!!!

I think its important to invoice them too - parents I have on tax credits need the invoices to receive their benefits and have been checked for them before, and you could be checked too so it's worth it. I'm rubbish with receipts though!!!

nessynoodle
29-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh and I do it monthly in advance with food they have had added in arrears to next invoice (in cas they dont stay for tea a couple of nights etc). Parents are given 5 days for funds to clear. The invoices also prove I sent them by the 1st and then I have done my bit and they just need to make sure they pay me on time....leaving them to work it out seems dangerous to me!!! Be professional from day one and you won't get taken advantage of.

miffy
01-03-2012, 07:55 AM
I invoice monthly too usually in the third week of the month so they've plenty of time to pay! :D

Miffy xx

PixiePetal
01-03-2012, 08:14 AM
I have part timers and in the past I have just been paid weekly on first day of attendance, no invoice. Easy to work out - same every week.

Now my part timers are siblings and pay monthly and have got to 'in arrears' - not my normal practice but there were special circumstances and always good payers. I write invoice for these the week before end of month. Is paid on time and I have an extra record of payment which came in useful when tax credits phoned about their claim - which was all fine :)