PDA

View Full Version : When do you register?

MissTinkerbell
27-05-2008, 02:28 PM
As I CM I know that I need to register with HMCR within 3 months but when does this 3 months start? Does it start from the date I get my certificate from Ofsted or when I start minding?

Also how do I go about registering?

Thank you

littlesprogs
27-05-2008, 02:33 PM
It's 3 months from when you start minding.

You can do it online i think its www.hmrc.gov.uk/selfemployed it wasnt working the other day so i printed the forms off the website and sent them instead. Alternatively i got a yellow leaflet at my icp course and at my initial info session that you could fill in and send off.

MissTinkerbell
27-05-2008, 02:37 PM
Thanks for that info and link. Will do it when the time comes. Thought it might be from when you start minding but wanted to double check.

littlesprogs
27-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Thanks for that info and link. Will do it when the time comes. Thought it might be from when you start minding but wanted to double check.

Not a problem. Yes alot of people dont get mindees straight away so if you registered then and didnt get any mindees they would wonder why you havent earnt anything lol. Dont forget to keep your reciepts for anything you've bought for childminding though coz you can still claim it all back.

MissTinkerbell
27-05-2008, 02:48 PM
I've got a big pile of receipts just waiting to be put through the books!!!

Just itching to get started now.

I think I remember you from my SSAFA post - it actually took 5 weeks in the end. I phoned SSAFA and they were quite helpful - the usual person was off sick and she didn't normally deal with SSAFA checks so would try and help!

littlesprogs
27-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Ah yes that was probably me lol! Glad it didnt take too long in the end i know a few peoples have taken ages!

If you already have your accounts book theres no harm in starting to fill it in. You will probably find that once you start minding you cant be bothered to fill it in regurlarly. I have said to myself i will do it monthly once everyone has paid and the month is over but i know i probably wont stick to it esp once i start working properly after my maternity leave lol.