PDA

View Full Version : late fees and late collection charges

suzy:-)
29-02-2012, 03:08 PM
hi, do u all charge these ? if so would anyone share how much , im just sorting a new contract and i really dont know how much if any to charge x

EmmaReed84
29-02-2012, 04:36 PM
hi, do u all charge these ? if so would anyone share how much , im just sorting a new contract and i really dont know how much if any to charge x

I have a late collection policy is

"Late collection is any child still in my care more than 10 minutes after the agreed contracted hours. Once you are 10 minutes late you will incur a late payment fee of £2 then £2 per 15 minutes. This fee will be discussed upon collection and added to your next invoice. If you know you may be late please contact me beforehand to make alternative arrangements*."

I do have an unwritten rule so to speak I dont charge for every single lateness all the time, but if I notice a parent being late for collection ALOT I would refer them to this policy, then advise that any more late collection and I will be charging... I have yet to do this... So far since Aug one parent has collected late because of traffic about 6 times... other times she is about 15/20 mins early

Late payment fee I am more strict on and discuss at the time of signing and explain that if I dont get paid on time, then my bills dont get paid on time and any fees I incur will be passed on to the parent.

I prefer pay straight to my account although cash is fine. If payment is a day late I will consider waivering it, however more than a day I will charge £5 and £5 per day for every day it is late... Sounds harsh but I am yet to have a late payment... even one day late. Infact they all pay a day early lol

suzy:-)
29-02-2012, 07:00 PM
ok thankyou for your info ,ive never really bothered with it before and i charge in advance and never had a single payment issue :) but the new contracts from ncma have late fee's and payments in the contract :clapping:
x