PDA

View Full Version : Any steam mop/floor cleaner recommendations?

Mummits
29-02-2012, 01:24 PM
...or indeed any models to avoid? We have ceramic tiled kitchen/diner a large hall. Can anyone recommend a good cleaner, preferably with a good long cord, and something that doesn't take ages to set up and put away. Does the floor dry quickly with these?

nell57
29-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Hi I invested in a Shark steam mop a month or 2 ago, it cost about £100 and it sounds alot, but it is one of the best things Ive invested in. Its twice as quick actually mopping and the floors dry in mins. I loaned it to my next door neighbour the other and she was that impressed she's asked her other half for one as a present for mothers day:eek::laughing:

The Juggler
29-02-2012, 01:48 PM
i love mine. I paid £40 for a £70 one. my friend paid a bit more and got one with hand held unit that detaches, great for steaming soft toys/hard toys, areas of the floor.

I steamed my carpet last week, where some dirt had gone just to kill off the bugs. its so much better than mopping as the water coming through is clean and the heat kills the bugs.:thumbsup:

ziggy
29-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I'm also planning to buy one this weekend so am interested in replies

Twinkles
29-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi I invested in a Shark steam mop a month or 2 ago, it cost about £100 and it sounds alot, but it is one of the best things Ive invested in. Its twice as quick actually mopping and the floors dry in mins. I loaned it to my next door neighbour the other and she was that impressed she's asked her other half for one as a present for mothers day:eek::laughing:

Helen , does this one have a hand held bit too ?

I've been thinking of getting one for ages but there's too much choice !

moogster1a
29-02-2012, 04:29 PM
polti vaporetto is fab!!!
Quite expensive but has floor mop, steam nozzle, wire bristle things even a squeegee for windows. Can clean everything. Really really reccommend it.

LOOPYLISA
29-02-2012, 05:38 PM
Im looking for one too :D

watgem
29-02-2012, 05:54 PM
me too, i wondered about the shark one too, also I saw one on ebay that looked like a cylinder hoover, I wondered if you could use them to clean buugy and travel cot upholstery?

claire bear 72
29-02-2012, 08:06 PM
the shark steam cleaner is on offer at argos now.....i bought one last week for 56 pound its fantastic!!!! i have cats and i hoover/mop like a mad woman lol:p use it 3 times a day and the cloths go in washer!! well good!! :clapping:

Mummits
05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Well I missed the offer, but still bought the Shark. Only tried it once but it does seem pretty efficient. Thanks for all the suggestions.

catminder
05-03-2012, 07:15 PM
I love my steam mop :blush:
Got it from QVC It's called H2O Mop Ultra, it's lightweight and easy to use with a long cord. I use it on lino in the kitchen and bathroom but it does most surfaces. :)